• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help with broken 980Ti, please

Soldato
OP
An updated request for help here:

I got the card out again last week and tried to put it in my kid's PC as he has a 2200G with iGPU. Except - of course - it won't fit in his micro-ATX case!

I guess the only option if I want to try flashing it with a lower-clocked BIOS is to stick it as a secondary card in my PC. But I've never done this before and I have a few questions:

• How do I make sure the PC boots up using my 1080Ti as the primary display card? Is there some BIOS option for this?
  • I'm assuming that then it won't matter if the 980Ti isn't working properly as it won't need to drive a display? Will the system just not use it unless I tell it to?
  • When I come to use nvflash to flash the 980Ti's BIOS, how can I make sure I don't flash my 1080Ti by mistake? Is this easy to do?

Back
Top Bottom