help with choosing smaller case

Soldato
I meant 2cm against the desk side
I have my case flush to the inside of my desk - i would have thought 2cm would be enough (but you would be better able to asses this).

However, i can't assess the impact movement would have - although with the case being pressed firmly against the desk this should improve stability by reducing rocking when moving.

Associate
OP
I've decided to keep my current case, all the case feet are on the wood and its very steady, thanks for your suggestions, 1 last question would it be worthwhile moving the bottom fan to the front and removing the odd

Soldato
1 last question would it be worthwhile moving the bottom fan to the front and removing the odd
CPU Intel Core i7-7700K
CPU Cooler Be Quiet.Silent Loop 280
RAM Team Group Dark Pro 16GB 3000MHz
GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Premier Pack
SSD1 Samsung 960 Evo Polaris 500GB
SSD2 Samsung 960 Evo Polaris 500GB
SSD3 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
PSU Super Flower Leadex Platinum 650W
Blu-Ray Drive Asus DRW-24D5MT
Top: aio rad
front: 2x 140mm
Bottom: 1x 140mm
I just don't want temps higher than they currently are, I think temps are very good at the moment, gpu idles around 30-32c and around 50-60c load, cpu idles around 30-35c and around 60c load

Given your setup (i7 7700 and GTX 1080) your temps are great.

And you're clearly achieving these results with relative silence as you didn't mention any issues within your posts. If this is the case I would personally leave well alone - as you have an excellent setup that's quiet and is cooling very effectively.

Soldato
I just thought it would lower temps even further, I'm going to turn the PSU upside down so the fan is facing down
Ah, I assumed it was already.

As you're essentially on a plinth it's the way I would, personally, orientate the PSU - i.e. fan facing downwards.

As for your rear fan - there's arguments for both. But the PSU will generate heat and the fan right above it will help pull that heat straight out away from your GPU. Plus, you have 2 very effective fans on your AIO pulling relatively cool air straight out of the case?

I'm presuming your front 2x fans are pulling air in and the top and rear fans are exhausting?

Back
Top Bottom