Help with final monitor choice please

Associate
Hi
I've been trying to choose a new monitor for my new PC build.
I'm going from an old BenQ 1080p from 2011 so it should be a good upgrade no matter what but the range of choice and the incredibly bizarre naming conventions really dont make for easy comparison.

From a combination of advice on this forum and online research I think I'm down to the following:

27" 1440p monitors.
MSI G274QPX or Cooler Master GP27Q. Both the same price of just under £400 on OCUK. I also considered LG 27GP850-B which is a lot cheaper but I assume must be less good due to that lesser price.

So of the 2 main options, what would you think best?

I've watched you tube vids by Unboxed which rated the MSI and noticed the Cooler Master was higher in every single category aside from one colour one and contrast in the tests results. Yet the same channel reviewed the coolermaster as having some problems with HDR and synch not working at the same time and some mention of flickering?? Then there's another vid review complaining the Cooler Master is too slow for gaming!!!!

At this point I am convinced there is no monitor that doesnt come with some ransom drawback so please let me know which of these you would go for, and if you think both ar e a bad choice for the £400 ish range of 27" 1440p monitors then please suggest me your choice,

thanks

Last edited:
This one has had a good reviews and is on offer at the moment

Thanks. That looks decent but also a more budget model than the ones I was looking at. Do you have a view on the 2 I mentioned above?

Had two, both on there way back.

Reviewers obviously hit the panel lottery. I didn't.

Heavy matte grain to them too

ah mate, thats not good to hear. Did you replace it with a different monitor ?
Nope. Kept my trusty AD27QD for the time being.

I only went for one of those because the sRGB mode out of the box basically didn't need calibration in the two reviews, which is basically what I'm looking for. It cuts out the need for the novideo_sRGB clamp software and displaycal.

Unfortunately they were a fair way out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom