HELP! with firewire

Associate
Hey everyone im new here just wanted to ask a quick question, I have an Advent 7063M laptop and it has a 4pin firewire port but the driver for it is not installed there is no driver on the firewire port and there is no driver on windows i was just wondering if anybody knows where i can get a driver for it as i need to connect my Mini DV Camcorder to my pc

Thanks Bob

Associate
Did you get a driver disc or motherboard disc with your laptop ? It should be on there.
If not, try searching google, you might need product make and model.

Soldato
AMDX23800+ said:
Did you get a driver disc or motherboard disc with your laptop ? It should be on there.
If not, try searching google, you might need product make and model.
Only 4 lines of text in a sig mate. Get it changed

Associate
Bob_Evans2005 said:
Hey everyone im new here just wanted to ask a quick question, I have an Advent 7063M laptop and it has a 4pin firewire port but the driver for it is not installed there is no driver on the firewire port and there is no driver on windows i was just wondering if anybody knows where i can get a driver for it as i need to connect my Mini DV Camcorder to my pc

Thanks Bob

The drivers for firewire are pretty standard and included in XP from the start (iirc).

Might be worthwhile checking your BIOS to see that it is enabled there, if it is or the option is not there to disable, then I'm not sure. I'm not sure what you mean by no driver on windows or the port - there is only one "driver" needed and the place to check on device status is device manager. If the device is'nt there at all, then it most likely is disabled in the BIOS, is borken or there is a hardware conflict that is preventing windows from detecting it. If it is there, you should be able to check on it's driver status.

Have you tried plugging your device in ? Remembering that 4 pin - 6 pin firewire doesn't carry power, so the device must have an external powere source (battery or AC).

Hope you get it sorted
mj

Back
Top Bottom