help with freesync ( LG 43UD79-B 43")

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for a little help with Freesync. I've recently switched from my NVidia 1080 to a Vega 64 so that I could take advantage of the freesync on my

LG 43UD79-B 43" 3840x2160 IPS FREESYNC

monitor.

I bought the monitor because of the size and open standard that is freesync, howwever worryingly there is no mention of freesync within the monitors menus, plus when I go to AMD Radeon Settings on the computer, it states that freesync is not supported.

I'm connecting via displayport out of my gfx card to displayport in on the monitor and have a nice 4k resolution desktop, so the cable is functioning fine.
I've tried switching Displayport 1.2 on or off in the monitors OSD settings - that makes no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

Associate
OP
the invoice description was what made me believe. it said:

LG 43UD79-B 43" 3840x2160 IPS FREESYNC 4K 60Hz Widescreen LED Monitor - Black
MO-14K-LG

however, as you say, when I check the LG site now, there's no mention of FREESYNC :( There's plenty of reviews of the freesync varient of the monitor,
and under OCUK's discontinued products they even have:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-gr...z-widescreen-led-monitor-black-bg-14e-lg.html

I'm guessing that someone put the wrong description up?

Caporegime
No, LG initially advertised this with Freesync but when it launched it had no mention of it anywhere. Some confusion about it overall but it doesn't have it :(

Soldato
When did you buy it? Did you buy it with that description of Freesync visible on the product page? If so, you'd be more than entitled to return at their expense. Or did you just assume it was Freesync because you'd seen that preview?

Associate
OP
July last year. I picked it over the philips model...
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phil...led-monitor-black-3yr-warranty-mo-02b-ph.html
... because of the freesync. I should do more research rather than just reading the OCUK descriptions and pre-release stuff...

Not going to stress about it now - just wondered why it didnt work :(

Just bought a second hand vega 64 to take advantage of the freesync. doh!!!! that'll be going up for sale then....

Caporegime
Soldato
July last year. I picked it over the philips model...
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phil...led-monitor-black-3yr-warranty-mo-02b-ph.html
... because of the freesync. I should do more research rather than just reading the OCUK descriptions and pre-release stuff...

Not going to stress about it now - just wondered why it didnt work :(

Just bought a second hand vega 64 to take advantage of the freesync. doh!!!! that'll be going up for sale then....

Since you will be without adaptive sync if you sell the vega and buy NVidia again, have you considered to sell the monitor and buy the new Phillips 43 hdr1000 freesync one?

Associate
OP
Since you will be without adaptive sync if you sell the vega and buy NVidia again, have you considered to sell the monitor and buy the new Phillips 43 hdr1000 freesync one?
I've been that impressed with the screen EXCEPT the freesync issue that that would be the last thing I'd change at the moment.
I'll go back to my 1080 for now and weigh up a 1080 ti or a 2080/ti.... Whatever I have, it's got to go in my loop...

Back
Top Bottom