Help with internet for gaming

Ico

Ico

Associate
Hi all
i moved the house recently and looking for solution for the casual PC gaming. The broadband offers on new address are 30mbps max. atm which i think isnt suitable for the multiplayer gaming. Best 5G wifi has Vodafone here but they using CGNAT. Three is slow here but maybe i can get atleast 70mbps with outdoor antenna. At the moment im using Lebara with USB tethering i can get around 100mbps down and 10 up . Everything works well except the gaming i presume because NAT is strict type. I cant connect with my best friend to play which is frustrating. We were able to play about 3 days ago (the miracle) but about 3 weeks we cant connect and play. I tested the internet for bufferbloat and result was F which is worst. Could you please point me out the right direction i have no idea what should do to sort out the gaming. Thank you in advance

Ico

Ico

Associate
OP
Who is this from? If you have fibre, then higher speeds should be available, albeit for more money.

Low latency is more important for gaming than raw speed, and fibre gives low latency, so even 30mpbs would probably be better than faster speed mobile broadband, which has higher latency.
all broadband providers offering same speed like open reach provider. No idea why its so slow maybe im far from the output signal

Ico

Ico

Associate
OP
im baffled how we were able to play 3 days ago. Any other attemps during 3 weeks period failed. Quality of connection is worse than on my previous 100mbps broadband but at least we could play. Anyone can explain please how it was possible

Ico

Ico

Associate
OP
all broadband providers offering same speed like open reach provider. No idea why its so slow maybe im far from the output signal
Open Reach 20-33Mgps down 4-6 up. Im not competitive player im fine with about 30ms latency. Is there some Wifi 5g solution please

Back
Top Bottom