Help with my hosting package please

Man of Honour
I'm a bit thick when it comes to stuff like this but I've been with Fasthosts since around 2003 and now decided I'm paying way over the odds for what I want.

My websites are www.disturbinthepeace.co.uk and www.mistreatedrock.co.uk which are both hosted by Fasthosts and are both very simple sites but do get lots of traffic.
I also like to FTP my pictures into a directory and then link to sites like OCUK.
My latest bill is going to be £82.79 but I'm sure I can do it a lot cheaper.

If somebody could pop over to Fasthosts and see what my options are I'd be grateful, for instance would the Cloud Server do what I need because it is a lot cheaper?

Here is my package now but if you want more info then let me know - http://www.disturbinthepeace.co.uk/pics3/fasthostsinfo.jpg

Thanks

Man of Honour
OP
Lol. Fair enough. £82 for a year isn't bad but could be a damn sight better.

If we're talking less than 1000 views per day then the tsohost mentioned above would be fine.

https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting/cpanel-hosting

Thats the one.

Bloody hell -
What's the difference between the £14.99 cPanel and the £14.99 Cloud Server?
I've read the blurb but I don't know what it means by cPanel, when I update the site I make a page in Web Expression and then just FTP it.

So what's my best option really? Would you go Cloud or will I not know a lot of difference?
At the moment I'm copying all my Fasthosts directory over to my PC which will then give me an idea of how much space I need.

Man of Honour
OP
Can you provide stats on how much bandwidth is been used any unique visits per month ?

The bandwidth that's used may be resulting in what you are linking on OcUK. Might be worth getting the images off and just using a free site like imagur or something like that.

It will be really low but I do have stuff in other directories.
Up to yet I have over 1gb so I will need the £2.99 service - but which one?

Man of Honour
OP
I've just had a reply from Fasthosts so is that a good deal or am I still better going with Tsohost?

Dear David,

Further to your enquiry (1428-0005),

I understand that £82.79 is a bit expensive for website and email hosting package. But that package is our Legacy package so that was expensive before until now. If you wish to pay less than that, you can have our new Business Bronze package which will cost you £58.66 per year including VAT. Much lesser than your current package per year. However, you need to have a back up of your website files and emails to avoid loss of data. If you do have a developer of your website as well, please confirm it if your website is not using a CDONTS scripts to avoid downtime of your website.

Business Bronze Package:

Should you have further concern, please let me know.

Best regards,

El Nino Gimena - Techincal Support
Fasthosts Customer Support

Back
Top Bottom