HELP, with new Asus A8N-SLI Premium - Sound

Associate
Ive just purchased brand new motherboard, and attempting to use the onboard soundcard..

I have enabled the audio in Bios, and also installed the driver.

When i come to play any audio from the pc, it plays, but its choppy

What i mean is, the audio skips every second, continuiously, and makes a popping sound through my speakers..

I have tried uninstallnig the driver and re-installing

can anybody suggest a fix for this please

Greatly Appreciated

Lee Drummond

p.s

Unfortunately i get the fault, in each formatt i try, cd , mp3 through media player etc

a sample of my problem i have recorded is here ...

Really apprecaite the help

http://www.leedrummond.co.uk/sound_error.wav

Associate
There are 2 options on the premium board - the nvidia sound and the realtek sound. I use the realtek sound and found it fine. Did you install the nf4 sound drivers as well - uninstall nf4 and reinstall them but dont tick nvidia audio and then use realtek drivers for audio

Associate
OP
ted34 said:
There are 2 options on the premium board - the nvidia sound and the realtek sound. I use the realtek sound and found it fine. Did you install the nf4 sound drivers as well - uninstall nf4 and reinstall them but dont tick nvidia audio and then use realtek drivers for audio

I may have done that yes, As i basically installed all the drivers from the CD Rom

Should NF$ show up in device manager ? as it only shows realtek sound driver in there

Can you explain how to remove one of the drivers so im only using the one

Cheers

Associate
OP
im unsure if there are 2 sound card drivers that can be put onto my board, ive checked driver disk and it only shows the realtek one ?

Im unsure about this... it may not be the driver that is causing the problem, as if i watch the animated grapic in media player that is stuttering too

wheather thats because the music is stuttering, or if theres some buffering from my pc :-S

Last edited:
Associate
Download nvidia 6.70 chipset drivers. Uninstall the old ones completely and uninstall the realtek sound drivers. Install the nvidia chipset drivers but dont install the audio driver when it gives you the list of the options. Then after the restarts install the realtek audio driver - think latest is 3.75 (download the drivers rather than use the ones of the disk.

Associate
They are in add/ remova programs i think - will check when get home but i think if you run the setup file it gives you the option to uninstall

Associate
OP
I have been speaking to Overclockers Tech team, and they have suggested me to re install windows, If this does not solve the problem then trying a seperate pci sound card will be the next test ..

Associate
OP
PROBLEM SOLVED ....

a MASSIVE thank you goes to ted34

I REinstalled windows xp, then went through the method you suggested, i installed all nvida drivers apart from the audio card, then installed only the realtek driver.

Its now working perfect

Once again thank you mate, really appreciated !

Lee Drummond

Back
Top Bottom