HELP with new first time build, gettin annoyed

errrr yes they're motherboard stand offs. Have you build a PC before? I suggest reading a guide, unless you want to damage something.

Yep, they're stand-offs. They stop the motherboard from touching the inside of the case and damaging itself..

Screw them in to the holes on the motherboard tray according to the holes on your motherboard and then once you have inserted the CPU, heatsink and RAM on to the motherboard, put the motherboard in to your case over the holes and insert the screws in to the stand-offs that should have come with your case. DO NOT SCREW IT TOO TIGHT THOUGH, otherwise you could crack your motherboard.

If it's your first build you should probably have a look at this, a very good guide...

http://sysbuild.corsairmemory.com/report.aspx?id=2

Whatever you do mate, don't rush it :p. I know you wanna play on it, I felt the same, but it's best to take that little bit of extra time to make sure everything is connected properly and you haven't made any silly mistakes rather than rush and then break something.

Last edited:
Most Lian cases I have used use these (square push ins)

Remove the tin backplate in the case (the thing that the USB etc stick out of) and place motherboard in the case and mark where the stand offs go > remove motherboard)
Push the stand offs in (and hurt your fingers) They do take some pressure to get them in right, and sitting square.
Then make sure you have the correct mobo screws.
Make sure the tin backplate has all the appropriate push outs pushed out.

There is always some spring on the tin backplates, so you need to apply gentle pressure to one side of the mobo to get the screws started.

EDIT: looking at newer pictures of a Lian, they seem to have done away with the square things.

Last edited:
Will the use of a converter degrade graphical quality by any noticeable degree? -girlfriend bought me a new TFT :) from local supermarket but she could have got the next model up from OCUK for the same price which would have had both analogue & DVI connectors [plus higher res] :(
Nice gesture but damn annoying at the same time.

Well im posting to you all from my new pc :D

Not working great tho, if i turn it off, took me hours to get it back on. It just said no signal and got loads of corruption on screen. The reset button did nothing.

Not sure how to get my sata hard drive working atm. Also my floppy drive !

iain.turner said:
T0 get your SATA HDD working, you need to push F6 when installing windows, and install your SATA/RAID drivers...

If you have an SP2 XP CD then you might not have to do this. I didn't bother and I have no problems whatsoever with my SATA HDD. Plug it in and see what happens :D

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom