Help with new system plz :)

Associate
Help with new system plz :)Parts to build :)

Hi

I am looking for a new system but do not have the time to put one together i know it does not take long but its the buying parts from here and there then havin the time to put it all in place so i am looking to buy a pre built one.

Does anyone know of a decent setup must be in a black case with some silver to match rest of stuff.

I don't do massive gaming or overclock just use for normal stuff i do do movie and photo editing so needs a good size hdd i still have ide drives so would like to move to sata drives.

Also needs to have a card reader and a dvd rewriter which can be made or is multi region also a dvd rom the same multi i know it sound daft but could also do with a floppy drive :).

I am sure you will all have some ideas what is good and not i have never bought a pre built system before so don't know where to start to look.

I have about £500 to spend!

plz help :)

Last edited:
"Titan" AMD Athlon 64 3200+ System (FS-001-OK)
If you are looking for high performance stylish looking system without the inflated cost then the new Titan is ideal. Titan is powerful enough for any task including all the latest games currently out too such as DOOM 3 and Half Life 2.

- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice CPU
- AMD approved cooler
- Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra PCI-Express Motherboard
- GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) DDR Value PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit
- 160GB Western Digital 8mb cache SATA-2 Hard Drive
- BFG GeForce 7600 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Sony Black 52x/52x/32x/16x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
- Onboard 6 Channel Audio
- Black Floppy Drive
- Antec SLK3700BQE Black Quiet Midi Tower Case
- Antec 350W SmartPower ATX Power Supply

Note - All Titan systems are built and installed on demand, during busy periods this may cause a delay of between 24 and 48 hours in despatching your order. The Titan can be supplied assembled with or without your choice of installed operating system but is supplied without keyboard, mouse, speakers or monitor (all of which are available elsewhere in this on-line store). The prices listed below are in addition to the system price.

Price: £469.00 (£551.08 Including VAT at 17.5%)

I hope above £500 means more than :p.

You will be able to swap the combo drive to a DVDRW I would have thought, and get them to add a card reader.

naffa said:
"Titan" AMD Athlon 64 3200+ System (FS-001-OK)
If you are looking for high performance stylish looking system without the inflated cost then the new Titan is ideal. Titan is powerful enough for any task including all the latest games currently out too such as DOOM 3 and Half Life 2.

- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice CPU
- AMD approved cooler
- Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra PCI-Express Motherboard
- GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) DDR Value PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit
- 160GB Western Digital 8mb cache SATA-2 Hard Drive
- BFG GeForce 7600 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Sony Black 52x/52x/32x/16x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
- Onboard 6 Channel Audio
- Black Floppy Drive
- Antec SLK3700BQE Black Quiet Midi Tower Case
- Antec 350W SmartPower ATX Power Supply

Note - All Titan systems are built and installed on demand, during busy periods this may cause a delay of between 24 and 48 hours in despatching your order. The Titan can be supplied assembled with or without your choice of installed operating system but is supplied without keyboard, mouse, speakers or monitor (all of which are available elsewhere in this on-line store). The prices listed below are in addition to the system price.

Price: £469.00 (£551.08 Including VAT at 17.5%)

I hope above £500 means more than :p.

You will be able to swap the combo drive to a DVDRW I would have thought, and get them to add a card reader.

Thanks m8

I did look at that but i would need to add to it to get what i wanted which would take me well over budget.

I have looked around with no luck so looks like i may have to build one :(

Can anyone give me some parts which they think will go well to build a system for approx £500 as i say needs a large hdd approx 250gb and a dvd rom and dvd rewriter which will do DL and must both be multi region i like the pioneer 111 which i think is DL not sure if its multi very easy? If it is i could just have two pioneer 111 in the system :)

Also a nice stylish case :)

I am looking at AMD proccesors what is the differance with AMD 64 bit , AMD 64 X2 and AMD Sempron 64 ?

shane

Last edited:
I have just been offered this is it any good?

asus k8v se deluxe mobo (does this have sata 2 )

amd athlon 64 3000+

nvidia ge force ti-4200

512 md mem not sure what is is yet

So if this was good i would need a new case and some black drives and a sata hdd or would i be better starting new and having some of the latest stuff?

Ok i have decided to go the new route and not buy the stuff before :)

If somebody could plz spec me a system tonight so i have something to aim at that would be great also answer my question about the AMD range :)

I am looking at AMD proccesors what is the differance with AMD 64 bit , AMD 64 X2 and AMD Sempron 64 ?

shane

Also what is the advantage of buying a retail processor to a non retail one?

Last edited:
BICCUS1 said:
Ok i have decided to go the new route and not buy the stuff before :)

If somebody could plz spec me a system tonight so i have something to aim at that would be great also answer my question about the AMD range :)

shane

Also waht is the advantage of buying a retail processor to a non retail one?
Retail processor come with Heatsink & Fan (HSF) which is ok if not overclocking plus a 3 year warranty. BUT better go for OEM and a different HSF, save money considering your budget.

More about AMD processors here.

Here's what I came up with:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - OEM (CP-130-AM) £65.95
Asus A8N5X nForce4 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-120-AS) £49.95
OcUK Value 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel Kit (MY-004-OK) £48.95
HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X800 GTO ICEQII TURBO 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (RX800GTO-256ICEQT) (GX-044-HT) £94.95
Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 2500KS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD-046-WD) £54.95
Zalman CNPS7000B-CU Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - Retail (HS-007-ZA) £15.95
Asus TA-212 Series Midi Tower (Silver) - 360W PSU (CA-005-AS) £34.95
Mitsumi FA 404M 7in1 USB 2.0 Floppy & Media Drive - Silver (HD-000-MI) £11.95
NEC ND4570 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Silver) - OEM (CD-031-NE) £22.95
Subtotal £400.55
Shipping £10.95
VAT £72.02
Total £483.52

Antec SLK3800BUK Black Quiet Midi Tower Case - 400W SmartPower PSU (CA-048-AN) 50
Pioneer DVR-111DBK 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter - (Black) OEM (CD-038-PO) 26.32
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300GB ST3300831A ATA-100 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-025-SE) 55.17
Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop v2.1 - OEM (KB-052-MS) 23.44
Asus A8N-VM CSM Micro ATX (Socket 939) PCI Express Motherboard (MB-119-AS) 59
GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5 - £58
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3200BPBOX) (CP-11 110

Total £382 in vat

I would say you dont need a gfx card as you wont be gaming the onboard nvidia 6250 which has tv/out on this mobo will do you fine for video editing and photos etc....

The pioneer dvd rw is more quieter than the NEC 4570...

You can purchase 2 of the hdd I specced as they are good value for money and if you feel 300g is not big enough

The cpu comes with a HSF so you dont need to fork out for an additional cpu cooler which you dont need if you are not going to be overclocking....

All in all IMO thats a bang for buck pc :)

Hi

Thanks for the help i have had a look and its a start i will have a look i have come up with some ideas :)

Antec SLK3800BUK Black Quiet Midi Tower Case - 400W SmartPower PSU (CA-048-AN) £61.00

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3200BPBOX) (CP-118-AM) THIS WEEK ONLY £105.69

Asus A8N-VM CSM Micro ATX (Socket 939) PCI Express Motherboard (MB-119-AS) £60.00

GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS3 (GE2GB3200BDC) (MY-046-GL) THIS WEEK ONLY £111

Samsung SpinPoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-018-SA) £61.00

2x Pioneer DVR-111DBK 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter - (Black) OEM (CD-038-PO) £54.00

Mitsumi FA 404M 7in1 USB 2.0 Floppy & Media Drive - Black (HD-002-MI) £15.00

What do you think of this it comes to £466 inc vat less delivery?

Does anyone think i may have any problems with this lot and if i could spend a bit more and upgrade anything also what cables would i need which will not come with this lot not forgetting i have never had a sata drive before?

shane

Last edited:
Corsair 1GB DDR2 Value Select PC4200 Dual Channel Kit (2x512MB) (VS1GBKIT533D2) (MY-066-CS) THIS WEEK ONLY £59.00

That RAM will not work with the Mobo its DDR2 has to be DDR....

you will be fine with the above RAM or there is some other Corsair DDR in this weeks only I believe....

I just realised that the mobo although has onboard gfx card you need a seperate tv/out connector if you want to hook the pc up to your tv.....please remember that....

You will get SATA cables with the MOBO...

xirokx said:
That RAM will not work with the Mobo its DDR2 has to be DDR....

you will be fine with the above RAM or there is some other Corsair DDR in this weeks only I believe....

I just realised that the mobo although has onboard gfx card you need a seperate tv/out connector if you want to hook the pc up to your tv.....please remember that....

You will get SATA cables with the MOBO...

Thanks for that i don't need tv hookup :)

I have changed the mem now and added and extra 1 g :)

What do you think should it be a good system ?

shane

Just to be safe which RAM did you go for?

If you dont wish to overclock or play games then yes its the system for u....

Just bare in mind that once you have built the system and are oozing with confidence and you want to overclock you will be extremely limited to what you can do, same with playing games....

You may want to pay an extra £20 and get the MSI Keo Plat mobo for £76 incase you do decide to overclock however then you will be stuffed if in case you want to play games....

If the system you have meets your requirements now and for the next year then sure go for it :D

Good Luck

One more thig i could do with is an external hdd usb i can use the ide 160 g from my old machine any ideas on one of these only for back up stuff?

shane

Must be black :) and look good

xirokx said:
Just to be safe which RAM did you go for?

If you dont wish to overclock or play games then yes its the system for u....

Just bare in mind that once you have built the system and are oozing with confidence and you want to overclock you will be extremely limited to what you can do, same with playing games....

You may want to pay an extra £20 and get the MSI Keo Plat mobo for £76 incase you do decide to overclock however then you will be stuffed if in case you want to play games....

If the system you have meets your requirements now and for the next year then sure go for it :D

Good Luck

OcUK Value 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel Kit (MY-006-OK) THIS WEEK ONLY £106

I like to play games on game stations such as xbox etc so that is not a problem and as for over clocking never been into it so should not be a problem :)

Oh

Now i find some things are out of stock :(

Does anyone know is there a way to make an order up with out of stock stuff so it all comes togeather and i only pay 1 shipping?

shane

Back
Top Bottom