AMD 64 X2 3800+
2 gig Gskill 3200
ATI 256mb X1800 XT

Upgraded from:

Asus p4c800-E deluxe
P4 3.2 ghz northwood
9800 pro
corsair 512mb 3700

I have two SATA HD's from the old system that I'm carrying over - a Samsung spinpoint 120gig (which has windows xp on it) and a seagate 200gig barracuda.

I pieced everything together, with no problems at all. With the new motherboard, ram, cpu and gfx card, I got into bios fine and everything seemed stable.

But the problem is, the whole computer hangs/restarts shortly after hitting the windows loading screen. My guess is windows doesn't like the new hardware (going from pentium to AMD and a new mobo etc) and I'll have to do a wipe and reinstall windows. However I want to make sure its nothing else before I do so.

My PSU is a silenX 520w so I'm doubtful that power is an issue.
I've tried using my old corsair RAM in the new system replacing the Gskill, but no luck.
I've ran the new system on as little as the CPU, ram, GFX and hardrive and the same hang on windows loading screen happened.
I've messed about with the bios settings a load, and can see nothing wrong there at all.
One thing I remember about my old Asus p4c800-e board is that the drivers for SATA weren't on there already and I had to install them manually. Though I doubt it, could it be the same problem here? (The SATA drives are all detected in the bios of the new mobo)

Any thing I'm missing here?
Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom