Help With USB Stick

Associate
Got a 16gb and 32gb USB stick which I want to connect to my cars sound system. However the format must be Fat32

I formatted to Fat32 but when I try to transfer my music folder over, it says " There is insufficient disk space "

My music library is about 12GB, and there are no individual files over 4GB ( as you'd imagine most MP3s are about 4mb )

Whats going on here ? Thanks

Edit: I put the SD card ( which was in my phone ) into the card reader, then tried transferring and now it seems ok

Last edited:
Soldato
As you seem to have ruled out FAT32 file size limits, my initial thoughts are to suspect the drives themselves. You didn't get them cheap on eBay or from a random seller on Amazon, did you? Counterfeit drives with, say, 2GB flash but labelled as (larger size) are incredibly common, unfortunately.

Associate
As you seem to have ruled out FAT32 file size limits, my initial thoughts are to suspect the drives themselves. You didn't get them cheap on eBay or from a random seller on Amazon, did you? Counterfeit drives with, say, 2GB flash but labelled as (larger size) are incredibly common, unfortunately.
The OP wouldn't be getting insufficient disk space errors if that was the case since these fakers do enough to make the OS believe that the space available is true.

Although, these fakers normally aren't in the 16 and 32GB markets in regards to USB drives as the fakes that are currently flooding the market are of higher capacities of at least 1TB or more.

Associate
OP
Fully legit USB drives from Tesco.

I managed to transfer the files in the end by taking the SD card ( with the music on it ) out of my phone. Into a card reader, then to the USB stick.
The problem was with my phone

Back
Top Bottom