help!!

Soldato
hi, i know this should be in the Motherboard Forum but as i made a thread last week in there and i didnt get all the answers i needed and i need to fix my pc by this week(got to do my computing coursework) so i post here as i think i get more answers.

basically last week i was updating my BIOS because my PC seems to always freeze and i suspecting it to the motherboard fault, whilst flashing my Epox 9npa using Magic BIOS, my computer froze and restarted itself now it wont start (all i get is a blank screen). what do i do now?get a new motherboard or a new BIOS chip?since this is my fault i guess its not under the warranty to get it fixed right?

please help!!

jesta

Soldato
OP
i tried resetting the cmos jumper before but still doesnt work.

just tried taking a stick of RAM off then reset, still no luck!!!

any ideas?

Soldato
The mobo sounds like its on its way out. Try seperating the other components and see what happens with just the PSU and mobo. See what Beeps you get from the mobo. If push comes to shove you may need a new mobo.

Soldato
jesta said:
i tried resetting the cmos jumper before but still doesnt work.

just tried taking a stick of RAM off then reset, still no luck!!!

any ideas?

Make sure you try talking each stick of RAM out in turn as you may be leaving the 'dodgy' stick in in its place....

Permabanned
Your wasting your time messing about with unplugging components :rolleyes:

If your PC crashed mid BIOS flash your pretty damn fudged tbh. Your only hope is that your BIOS chip is socketed and can be removed for hot-flashing.

Back
Top Bottom