Hemel Hempstead Dwellers

Permabanned
Whilst I understand that many of you might not wish to confess to the crime of living in Hemel I know that some of you do live there.

We are sort of considering moving there as Hemel prices are pretty low and a decent 4 bed with a 100 foot garden is readily available for under 350K.

So my challenge for hemel urbanites is to recommend me a decent road or area that is relatively free, no make that totally free, of chavvy kids with rubbish cars and big exhausts.

I've driven around a lot of hemel today, boxmoor, chaulden, felden, apsley and so on and so far can't really find the sort of road that I feel that I would like to live on.

I did like Cotterills hill though, some nice big Victorian houses there.

I also need to know which of the schools are decent if possible.

I have tried "upmystreet" etc but I reckon the OCUK hemelites will be better judges of the area.

Soldato
Felden is a lovely area, definately seen as one of the more 'classy' places to live in the area.

Try "Box Lane" - probably out of your budget but have a look down the bottom part..

Failing that, how about 'Longdean Park' or the 'Old Town' ?

As for Schools - are you talking primary or secondary ?

Associate
I dont live in hemel, but have you thought about Tring even cheaper and a lot nicer only 5 more minutes up the A41

There aint too many nice ares of hemel, but i do like thenew places opposite the papermill on the canal,but for victorian type house boxmoor is probally the best place to look

Soldato
Non chavvy kids and Hemel doesnt really go. Have you seen the sort of people shopping in Hemel on a Saturday, it scares me. Its like too much inbreeding has taken place, not that Chesham is in anyway better either but it is a quiet life here though.

I would think Berkhampstead would be a much better place to live, although I havent looked at the prices there.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Bear said:
Non chavvy kids and Hemel doesnt really go. Have you seen the sort of people shopping in Hemel on a Saturday, it scares me. Its like too much inbreeding has taken place,

Yup, Virii does! (this is Mrs V, the lightweight has gone to bed) :p

Soldato
VIRII said:
Bear said:
Non chavvy kids and Hemel doesnt really go. Have you seen the sort of people shopping in Hemel on a Saturday, it scares me. Its like too much inbreeding has taken place,

Hello Mrs V. I'll look out for the old man chav next time Im there :D

Associate
I live in Boxmoor close the the moor itself. it is a nice area like others have already said.

What about St Albans? or Harpenden?

Permabanned
OP
Bear said:
Non chavvy kids and Hemel doesnt really go. Have you seen the sort of people shopping in Hemel on a Saturday, it scares me. Its like too much inbreeding has taken place, not that Chesham is in anyway better either but it is a quiet life here though.

I would think Berkhampstead would be a much better place to live, although I havent looked at the prices there.

I prefer shopping in Hemel to Watford though!

Berko would be nice as would Tring and the surrounding areas but we rely on my Wifes mother to look after the kids when we are at work so need to be near North Watford, Abbots, Kings Langley etc.

We're further out than that at the moment in Redbourn and love the area but there is nothing worthy for sale here.

Permabanned
OP
Bear said:
Hello Mrs V. I'll look out for the old man chav next time Im there :D
VIRII said:

Damn cheek of the woman!
Yes I shop in Hemel but I am not a Chav grrrrrrrrrr, not that her post implied that I was, yours did though Bear, cheeky pup.

More to the point what was she doing posting on my account, she's got our 5 week old to look after lol.

Permabanned
OP
adscan said:
I live in Boxmoor close the the moor itself. it is a nice area like others have already said.

What about St Albans? or Harpenden?

Both are good, both are too expensive :( I really need 550k for what I want, but simply don't have it.

Back
Top Bottom