Here we go again!! Another knife attack.

Soldato
Then it's a bit confusing that they said they were looking for a man dressed in black with white trainers if they didn't want to give a description.

Given the fact that the area is overwhelmingly white then saying the suspect was black would actually have been very helpful for the public to identify him.

I am also curious as to know how the investigation might benefit from launching a manhunt while at the same time actively withholding an accurate description of the suspect they are looking for?

On a more serious note, failing to provide a description at he earliest opportunity meant that the people who did spot "A Black man behaving suspiciously" in the area, some of whom actually confronted him, were put at severe unnecessary risk of injury or death! Had they known that he did match the description of the suspect they were looking for then these innocent bystanders could have kept their distance and called the authorities rather than putting themselves at considerable risk.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Perhaps the police wanted to verify through CCTV that the suspect was actually black and not Indian, Arab, etc. My hunch is that they know more about how to appeal to the public for information in a way that assists the investigation than the internet detective bureau.

Permabanned
Perhaps the police wanted to verify through CCTV that the suspect was actually black and not Indian, Arab, etc. My hunch is that they know more about how to appeal to the public for information in a way that assists the investigation than the internet detective bureau.

Do not overestimate the ability of civil servants to put PC above all else. It’s evidently clear it’s been done numerous times before.

Soldato
Given the victim was stabbed in the middle of a, likely very busy train, at 1pm in broad daylight I'm quite surprised the perpetrator managed to get away at all!

Permabanned
Given the victim was stabbed in the middle of a, likely very busy train, at 1pm in broad daylight I'm quite surprised the perpetrator managed to get away at all!

He did have a knife and had just killed someone. Would you put your life on the line when the Police tell people to not get involved?

Soldato
He did have a knife and had just killed someone. Would you put your life on the line when the Police tell people to not get involved?

Not all, you've misinterpreted my post (or I've put it across badly). I'm not suggesting anyone should/could/would have stopped him.

Just that the police will likely have had numerous eyewitness reports of the attacker/attack/his description and movements after fleeing the scene. Not to mention the abundance of CCTV and security surrounding most stations/trains. Plus the fact that it was carried out in broad daylight at lunchtime.

It presumably wasn't a planned/premeditated else the attacker would doubtless have selected a better location without hundreds of witnesses and CCTV?

Last edited:
Soldato

yep...

http://www.farnhamherald.com/articl...death on train&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

However, BTP confirmed early on Saturday (January 5) that "at around 6am, officers attended an address in the Farnham area where the man was detained on suspicion of murder".

The suspect was earlier described as a black man, aged in his 20s to 30s, approximately 6ft tall and of slim build with a beard, believed to be dressed all in black with white trainers.

A 27-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

The Herald understands the arrests took place near Farnham Hospital, after an eye-witness reported seeing three police cars parked outside a home near the Farnham Centre for Health early on Saturday.

DCI Sam Blackburn, also from BTP, said: “This is a fast moving investigation and I am pleased that overnight we were able to arrest a man following a huge amount of police enquiries.

This is my patch!

There is a big council estate next to the hospital and also some smaller new builds, So I wonder where the scumbag holed up and what the relationship with the householder was?

If any more local knowledge transpires I will pass it on.

Caporegime
yep...

http://www.farnhamherald.com/article.cfm?id=132841&headline=Pair arrested in Farnham after father stabbed to death on train&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

This is my patch!

There is a big council estate next to the hospital and also some smaller new builds, So I wonder where the scumbag holed up and what the relationship with the householder was?

"All in black with white trainers" this is the real crime... hope the kid (son) gets some quality help and isn't just flung to the system to deal with, because that's definitely PTSD incoming.

Soldato
Do not overestimate the ability of civil servants to put PC above all else. It’s evidently clear it’s been done numerous times before.

In all seriousness,

I would be not at all surprised if there is a genuine, if utterly misguided, concern that they do not wish to be seen as "Profiling" when describing BME suspects.

Soldato
It always amazes me that what I expect to be a minor disagreement has turned into fully fledged murder. It seems some people just cannot let their ego be challenged. To hell with the consequences.

I feel bad for the son. What a terrible thing to happen.

Man of Honour
It always amazes me that what I expect to be a minor disagreement has turned into fully fledged murder. It seems some people just cannot let their ego be challenged. To hell with the consequences.

I feel bad for the son. What a terrible thing to happen.

It is a product of a system where are youths have absolutely no boundaries or consequences from either parents or the education system and the police leave most incidents to these institutions to deal with. You can see how it can easilly escalate to this now with so few police around and little in the way of a punishment.

Terrible for the son, that will mess most people up for life. Hopefully he has a really supportive family.

Caporegime
It is a product of a system where are youths have absolutely no boundaries or consequences from either parents or the education system and the police leave most incidents to these institutions to deal with. You can see how it can easilly escalate to this now with so few police around and little in the way of a punishment.

Terrible for the son, that will mess most people up for life. Hopefully he has a really supportive family.

It's hardly just youths, most of the time i'm having to avoid clearly middle-aged drunkards who're flailing about on the street shouting at the closest person (or indeed no one). Some people are just aggressive ********.

Man of Honour
Keeping the skin colour quiet in Rotherham (and other towns) certainly kept the public safe. Oh wait...

Soldato
yep...

http://www.farnhamherald.com/article.cfm?id=132841&headline=Pair arrested in Farnham after father stabbed to death on train&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

This is my patch!

That is the new (Ish, its been there quite a while now) development right next to the hospital. (No A&E in case anybody is wondering if the proximity of the Hospital was relevant)

Caporegime
It always amazes me that what I expect to be a minor disagreement has turned into fully fledged murder.

Probably along the lines of him having his feet on the set opposite or a bag on the seat adjacent to him and then being asked to move it by the dad and his son... obviously in doing so they're not showing him: nuff wispect, innit blud.... cos he's a real roadman etc...

Back
Top Bottom