Herman Miller to Noble or Secretlab with limited space

Soldato
I currently have a Herman Miller Aeron size B, this chair is a great size for the limited space I have, sadly as I'm 6' 1" I've always felt this chair to be a little small, the seat base is a bit short. Aesthetically it is also great and blends in well to the room, when tucked away it barely takes up any room.

I'm eyeing up Noblechairs and secret labs, but I'm worried about how much space they will take up.

My desk is in a corner and only 85cm wide, behind my chair is another cabinet that is 85cm from my desk.

I would ideally like a headrest but I'm worried about it taking up even more space and looking huge. I'd also prefer a fabric chair over PU or leather.

Could anyone measure the total width of their Noble or Secretlab please, my Aeron is about 68cm wide to the outside of the armrests with them pointing straight.

Do you think a Hero would fit and allow me to move in this space? I think the Icon might be better but there's no fabric option. Or the Secretlab Omega might work, though they say 180cm max height which I'm just over.

I'm fairly skinny build wise so don't need anything wide.

Thanks

Soldato
I currently have a Herman Miller Aeron size B, this chair is a great size for the limited space I have, sadly as I'm 6' 1" I've always felt this chair to be a little small, the seat base is a bit short.

I'm 6'4". Take a look at the Herman Miller Embody. 72 cm wide with the arms fully out (60 cm if they're against my body) and ~50 cm deep

Associate
If you want a fabric Hero the only fabric one they do is on pre order on really nice sale price like to sell out fast.

Maximum arm width of Hero is 75cm, minimum width 70cm. At 6ft 1 the top of your head will likely be about as tall as the top of the chair on a Hero, so you'll get plenty of head support in that regard.

So a Hero should fit your space and be big enough for you too.

Soldato
OP
I'm 6'4". Take a look at the Herman Miller Embody. 72 cm wide with the arms fully out (60 cm if they're against my body) and ~50 cm deep

I saw the embody, while it is high back it doesn't have a headrest from what I've seen. It would be good size wise. They also seem hard to find, second hand are all sold out, new is too expensive.

If you want a fabric Hero the only fabric one they do is on pre order on really nice sale price like to sell out fast.

Maximum arm width of Hero is 75cm, minimum width 70cm. At 6ft 1 the top of your head will likely be about as tall as the top of the chair on a Hero, so you'll get plenty of head support in that regard.

So a Hero should fit your space and be big enough for you too.

Thanks, I'm leaning more towards the Icon, I prefer the look and think it would fit in better. Just not sure I want PU and as there's no fabric option I'd be tempted to go leather instead.

Associate
If it helps Nick I own a real leather Hero and think the leather option is worth it. They use sheets of high grade leather, not just composite scraps or bonded leather like on many lesser sofas or chairs. Feels warm in winter and cool in Summer but obviously best to have at least a thin clothing layer between.

Soldato
OP
If it helps Nick I own a real leather Hero and think the leather option is worth it. They use sheets of high grade leather, not just composite scraps or bonded leather like on many lesser sofas or chairs. Feels warm in winter and cool in Summer but obviously best to have at least a thin clothing layer between.

Thanks, I'd be worried with PU that after a few years it would start to look tatty, so real leather would be better.

@ChugNorris Any black Friday deals coming on the Icon in black leather to tempt me? Please kind sir :)

Back
Top Bottom