Hermes just stole my parcel?

Associate
Ordered something on Wednesday. The next day, I get an email from Hermes saying its getting delivered by 5pm to 7pm. It then got updated at 5:13 saying the courier couldn't deliver today. Fair enough, it should come tomorrow, right? The next day I get an email in the morning saying it'll be delivered 11am to 1pm. Waited the rest of the day, still nothing. The site then got updated at 21:57 saying there was an attempted delivery and I wasn't in and they would try again the next working day (this was a lie, I was in all day...) Today, it said would get delivered from 3pm to 5pm. I just checked a few mins ago and it said it was delivered to my house and signed for. I checked the signature and its 2 random initials.

I'm baffled as to what the hell has gone on?

Weird. My neighbour initials are apparently the same that shows up on my tracking and they got a parcel at the same time, but it was something they ordered themselves.. So, where's my parcel? And why is their initials showing up signed and delivered on my end?

Are you kidding me.

I can't phone them to speak to them, there's no options to actually speak to a person, they tell you to go to live chat. I was already in a queue in live chat for over an hour, it gets to my spot and it's cancelled: "There are no agents available to chat to you at the moment. Please try again later."

Out of curiosity, do you trust your neighbour to be telling the truth here? Was your item high value, have they maybe opened it and went ‘ka-ching’ and are now bluffing you saying they were expecting a parcel too?

It was only a £50 mouse. Apparently there's been complaints on facebook regarding our local Hermes driver and specifically our street in the past few days, so it's more than likely the driver that's the one that's being dodgy. There's also no reason why the driver should have went next door with my parcel either. No delivery attempt was made here, no note was left and nothing on the site indicates that it was left elsewhere.

As a buyer, it's not like I have much choice in what courier they use :/ I guess some companies use specific couriers, but if I was to order on ebay for example, I could get any of them.

I'll definitely try to avoid Hermes in the future from after this experience.

Aw man, this is going to look really bad on Ebay. It says the parcel has been delivered and signed for. I'm not going to get screwed over here am I?

I checked the tracking today. Even though it said it was signed for and delivered, it's now back at the local depot and the signature of proof that was there isn't there anymore. Honestly have no idea what they're doing.

It arrived finally. But the outer packaging was pretty much exposed and could see what was inside. Almost positive that someone has looked what was inside. Also doesn't make sense that my barcode was scanned on Friday and "delivered".

Not touching Hermes again.

Back
Top Bottom