stument - Stument#1373
Spacedeck - Spacedeck#2803
booyaka - booyaka76#1385
ReltonBFD - Relton#2971
joemc - krafty#2722

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
do you think that's because they use their own engines, and this is essentially modded SC2?

I have been really looking forward to this since it was announced, as I love the Blizzard IP's and have always wanted to get into a MOBA but found Dota2/LoL crowd to be so so toxic and with not having hours and hours to devote to it, struggled.

Thought this could be the moba for me.

Associate
do you think that's because they use their own engines, and this is essentially modded SC2?

I have been really looking forward to this since it was announced, as I love the Blizzard IP's and have always wanted to get into a MOBA but found Dota2/LoL crowd to be so so toxic and with not having hours and hours to devote to it, struggled.

Thought this could be the moba for me.

Get over the whole 'toxic' crowd, it really isn't as bad as people make out. People only generally get toxic if you aren't doing what you are meant to be doing as people want to win. Yeah sure the odd bit of toxicity does occur but don't let that put you off playing and enjoying one of the best games around. I've played in Sunday morning football matches that are generally more toxic than any LoL game has been.

And if you think that HotS won't have an toxicity then you are seriously deluding yourself my friend.

Like all competitive games you will need to devote time to be any good.

Associate
Because the crowd that follows Blizzards other IP's are so pleasant and welcoming arent they..

True enough, but MOBA's are on a whole other level when it comes to abuse. Way more than say, WoW, or SC2. I don't play First Person Shooters so I don't know what its like in that genre.

One of my hopes is that the generally shorter game times with HotS will make players more tolerant of others.

Soldato
I dont play MOBA's, have zero interest in them. I just find it funny that someone who plays Blizzard games is acting all 'LOL is toxic, HotS will have a perfect community', especially when WoW in particular is largely credited as having the most worst community of any MMO.

Associate
Been Following this for a while and could see this being quite a good game

I guess it is totally down to how they decide they want to shape a competitive scene OR not as the case may be.

And guys lets stop trash talking about which communitys are toxic etc and keep the post about HOTS and information regarding it.

Got to say im looking forward to seeing which way they decide to go with the game

Back
Top Bottom