Hexic HD Help

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Anyone got any tips on how to STOP playing this game!!

Spent lord-knows how many hours on it, soooooo addictive!

Even got the wife on it telling me not to turn this one but that one instead!

'elp!

Associate
Get 6 black pearls almost together (ie, going for the Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah achievement) and then have a bomb appear that you cannot clear in time.

:)mad: - haven't played it since and pulled the plug out of the console in a rage, and then left it for a few days)

EDIT - great game though. I might have to have another crack at it...

Soldato
I feel for ya. I swear at the top of my voice every time i accidently make a cluster out of my star pieces.

Apparently, the best way to stay safe from bombs, is to keep some star peices near the top of the board.

Anyway....

The best way to stop playing, is probably to get all the achievements, and a whopping great score on the leaderboards. I have a good score (about 2.5 million, placed about 250) but still need the 100 games of Hexic achievement.

Must... Stop.... Playing......

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
I'm loving it, really really good game and I don't usually like that type.

Bought Crystal Quest, again I'm surprised how enjoyable it is, and just wish I'd bought Bejewelled 2 as the demo is so addictive!

Soldato
The better half spends quite a bit of time playing Hexic, Bejewelled 2 and Zuma... can't say that I enjoy Zuma that much but Hexic and Bejewelled 2 are addictive.

The never ending mode achievement on Bejewelled 2 must take ages to complete, I'm sure I've put it quite a few hours and still only on level 58 (achievement is level 290 i think?)

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
What's a black pearl?

I know the starflower turns the centre piece into a white star thingie, but does doing something to this turn it into the black pearl, or is it something different?

Soldato
You dont wanna know!

To get a black pearl you need to make 6 starflowers and then surround one piece with them (same way you make a starflower) this creates a black pearl.

and 2 of the achievements are join 3 black pearls (18 starflowers) or surround one piece with 6 black pearls! (36 starflowers :eek:).

The most ive ever made in a game is 1 black pearl. Hats off to anyone who can do the above 2 achievements.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
Jeez!!! So it's a bit of a challenge huh?

I'll get the mrs onto that one then, let her get frustrated!

Cheers.

Associate
Its got you hooked too then J, I couldnt have a 5 minute go in peace without the old girl coming in and trying to have a turn, I never managed to get the black pearl flower though, only managed to get 3. :)

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
Agr3sive said:
Its got you hooked too then J, I couldnt have a 5 minute go in peace without the old girl coming in and trying to have a turn, I never managed to get the black pearl flower though, only managed to get 3. :)

Yeah, it's got me hooked, and I totally blame you 100%!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom