HG&P, I've just come out of Surgery and I have an interview on Thursday. Need advice please.

Soldato
Hello,

I applied for a post some time ago and I've just heard back from them. I had Surgery on my knee and I was bed bound for a couple of days.

The interview is to a panel of 4 with a professor and author on this subject. There's an interview, presentation and group activity. I can't walk properly. However, I'm still determined to attend and try my best. I've confirmed my attendance. I really need this post.

I haven't presented in some time and I must be honest, I'm genuinely afraid. I've been sat here since morning and I've re-wrote it many times. I'm starting to overthink things.

I'm expected to prepare a 10 minute presentation on:
Bringing value to companies through the effective use of application design. Please illustrate your presentation with examples from your own work.

So far my overview consists of (Each point is a slide and a brief overview):
  • Creating value. The process of scoping out the objective before designing an application.
  • > Lasting value to companies. Well developed applications save time, money future maintenance

• Identifying customer requirements. Gathering requirements to offer the best solution for the time and money allocated.
  • > Target audience. Determining this will influence the design

• Deconstructing the problem: Prioritising different aspects of an interface. Having found the target audience. Offering the UI based on what has priority

• Designing an application. Value is re-useability and developing using the best tools and methods available. Examples of converting legacy based systems
  • > 3 tier designs/brief on patterns and structure

• Post Development Defining value, success based on examples
  • > Feedback Continuing based on consumer feedback, citing examples

I will be citing examples throughout my employment history as a software developer and the impact it's had.

That's all I have right now and I've restarted this far too many times.

I would really appreciate some thoughts and perspective OcUK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom