High FPS But Not Smooth.

Associate
I have read through all of the posts and advice in this thread and hesitated before writing anything but....have you considered if you have bought the right card for what you want? GPU bench-marking sites like hardwareDB (1% overall difference) and userbenchmark (14% difference) show there is little difference in performance between these two cards. To make matters worse the 3070 only has 8Gb of VRAM memory compared to the 1080Ti's 11Gb so the smaller amount of memory makes it more difficult for the card to render as quickly. Assuming you are gaming at 1440 even the faster speed of the GDDR6 memory of the 3070 is unlikely to fully compensate for the basic lack of memory and this could well be causing your stuttering. The symptoms you describe throughout your posts are classic symptoms of a GPU bottleneck - unfortunately, and not to put too fine a point on it, your card could well be too slow for what you want and you actually need a 3080 or higher.

PS - I hope I am wrong for your sake but I don't see any other logical explanations.

Last edited:
Associate
I have read through all of the posts and advice in this thread and hesitated before writing anything but....have you considered if you have bought the right card for what you want? GPU bench-marking sites like hardwareDB (1% overall difference) and userbenchmark (14% difference) show there is little difference in performance between these two cards. To make matters worse the 3070 only has 8Gb of VRAM memory compared to the 1080Ti's 11Gb so the smaller amount of memory makes it more difficult for the card to render as quickly. Assuming you are gaming at 1440 even the faster speed of the GDDR6 memory of the 3070 is unlikely to fully compensate for the basic lack of memory and this could well be causing your stuttering. The symptoms you describe throughout your posts are classic symptoms of a GPU bottleneck - unfortunately, and not to put too fine a point on it, your card could well be too slow for what you want and you actually need a 3080 or higher.

PS - I hope I am wrong for your sake but I don't see any other logical explanations.
it’s not smooth even with 500 fps, no matter which GPU you have

Back
Top Bottom