high FPS slight stutters

Suspended
On games like DOD source at the start of a map I get a few annoying stutters. I have had fraps running and the fps stays at around 80/90 but it still happens.

Im not thinking this is a lack of memory issue as i have 2gb running at ddr500. Im currently defragging my hard drive, could this be the problem?

Soldato
Unlikely. Assuming you are talking about online matches, as far as I'm aware, a little start of map stutter is inevitable as people join the server and make thier presence known, and therefore your computer has to take this into account.

At least, I've never been able to get away from it.

-Leezer-

Suspended
OP
hmmm, yes mayeb but it doesnt explain why the stutters occur in lost coast video stress test. In 1024x768 2xAA 8xAF it gets 119.6fps but still has a few wobblies :confused:

Suspended
OP
G.O.A.T said:
The stutter is due to sounds/textures being loaded. You'll probably find this will all Source games, I cetainly do. This is the well documented stutter bug and is a result of Source being having a poor cacheing system, you may find that using steam beta version helps the problem.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=403259

thanks. just a problem with the game then. fear slows down a bit sometimes but that may be to do with the fact im running maxed out 16xAA in 1280x1024 :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom