High Spec Laptop

Soldato
alienware is way expensive, paying just for a brand name i think:p
They are about the same price as other high end laptops. A lot of the time they can be cheaper as there are a lot of discount codes about. The most expensive things are ram and hard drive upgrades which is why a lot of people get the minimum ram and hard drive option and upgrade them later.

Soldato
OP
Quick question guys. Will any of these laptops (still favouring the alienware), run 2* 24" external monitors?

The alienware I have specc'd has the GTX 660M.

Thanks

Soldato
A[L]C;21940862 said:
Quick question guys. Will any of these laptops (still favouring the alienware), run 2* 24" external monitors?

The alienware I have specc'd has the GTX 660M.

Thanks

the m18x has 3 display outputs:

hdmi (think 1.4)
mini DP
VGA

it also has hdmi in.

think the m17x will have the same outputs. I dont now if the 660m can run 2*24?

Associate
(EDIT) Alienware M17x R4 can support Internal Screen + External HDMI + External MiniDP + External VGA at same time, all showing different desktops (extend desktop mode is no problem)

No Alienware laptops support multiple digital external monitors (with separate desktops)
They output the SAME signal on all digital ports

(You can have 1 analog and 1 digital external but then no built-in)

Some models of HP ENVY 17 (3002ea) support multiple monitors (with 2 * mini display port, each with own desktop, including built-in)

Asus G75VW supports Thunderbolt which carries 2 * displayport signals ... but early days yet

(EDIT) Alienware M17x R4 can support Internal Screen + External HDMI + External MiniDP + External VGA at same time, all showing different desktops (extend desktop mode is no problem)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Long story. Essentially the laptop was never ordered, there was a big mix up with our supplier when we ordered a fibre card, and eventually a laptop was delivered. My manager kept saying it had been ordered, it was here etc to wind me up, and when it was delivered and I asked him if he'd ordered it, he continued the wind up as he didnt know one had actually been delivered.

So we opened it, then realised it wasnt actually order by us. The supplier wouldnt take it back as it had been opened and they couldnt send it back to Dell, so it sat in the data center for 3 weeks until my manager finally gave it to me.

Soldato
The Ebay one is used and not a good price for a used model £1200.

You can get them new for £1310 if you shop about on google for that model now with a proper warranty and not used.

I'm guessing it's your laptop you are trying to sell here if so it's not allowed here to do that and you need to remove that link and stick it for sale on the members market that we have here.

::EDIT:: BananaBill i'm guessing you gonna say bye bye to that OCUK account soon nice spamming.

Back
Top Bottom