High traffic website... hosting suggestions...

Associate
Hi Guys

I'm hosting a website that needs a little more bandwidth than my VPS can handle. It's currently doing in the region of 10GB transfer a day with a total of 40GB of files (mostly videos).

Unfortunately the 100MB/s is being swamped by the site and its effecting other sites on the VPS. It doesn't help that the traffic seems to be squeezed in to a short daily time frame.

Does anyone have any suggestions for high volume hosting that will be able to cope with high demand.

I've tried Vida hosts but they can't give me any ideas of bandwidth that will be available and I'm trying to keep the costs "reasonable".

Cheers

Man of Honour
I've tried Vida hosts but they can't give me any ideas of bandwidth that will be available and I'm trying to keep the costs "reasonable".
The bandwidth limits for packages are on our site :)

But, bandwidth is different to maximum throughput - however 10Gb/day isn't a lot at all - if you can get a gigabit connection on the VDS you'll be alright unless you're seeing huge quick spikes, in which case a CDN is probably your best option (and handy if you have a worldwide audience).

Back
Top Bottom