Highest Performance AIO for AM5

Associate
Hi guys,

Was wondering what AIO people are using on AM5 platform, Im wanting to build AMD 7900x system.

What is the best AIO available at the moment to keep temps as low as possible?

I was thinking of buying a Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD Display 360mm... anyone had any experience fitting/using this on an AM5 platform? What temps were you getting and what cpu were you using?

Soldato
Aren't they all pretty much of a muchness? I was going to get the arctic 360 but went with Lian li just because the fans on it match the rest of the case fans lol.

Associate
If you're spending that much money on a CPU I assume you're going to be using it for production work, if so you probably want to get as much cooling for it as possible to max out the boost due to the way the thermal behaviour works on AM5.

If you're limited to 360 in your case then the liquid freezer II tends to get good reviews and isn't ludicrously expensive like some of the RGB models, but if you want the bling then take your pick from the many many options out there!

Associate
If you want it to last 10+ years and it's going to be a 'general home pc' then save yourself some cash, get a lower end chip and a decent air cooler. You'll be much better off if you don't specifically need the extreme end of computing horsepower.

But like I said, if you're desperate to use an aio then the the liquid freezer is a great choice.

Associate
OP
I'm planing on buying the AIO below for a AM5 7900x X670 E Hero build, either 360 or 420mm radiator....

Anybody used this? What are your thoughts... ?

Only thing is, I don't really like the look of the fans....

Any suggestions what they can be changed out for? I like ARGB and would prefer something with better performance....if not on par. Can any fans be used on a radiator or does it have to have particular type of face with paticular characteristics?

Last edited:
Associate
By the time you have changed the fans on the above AIO you are getting close to the price of a custom loop. The Arctic Freezer II is the best performer because it has a thicker rad than other AIOs and cools better whilst keeping noise lower. If you crank the fans up the Lian Li Galahad also performs well but will be noisier than the AF II.

If you are getting a 360mm AIO then it will have 3x120mm fans so any 120mm fans will fit. It used to be a warzone with everyone arguing about static pressure vs high airflow etc etc but these days most fans do the job with the Arctic P12 or Noctua fans being the best iirc.

The corsair AIO and fans will use the Corsair icue software ( I personally hate that software). The cables plug into a box and that box plugs into the mobo and you control the RGB via the software. Other fans like Lian Li have different boxes and software so it is an annoying minefield. Other fans like Artic just use the mobo software such as Aura or Mystic Light and I personally prefer that approach.
Whatever fans you go for doesnt matter that much but if you end up mixing and matching you could end up with many pieces of software needed to control them all so i would advise to stick to a single brand of fan imho.

Back
Top Bottom