Hillsborough Disaster

Don
"The panel found that 164 statements were "significantly amended", including the removal of 116 negative comments about the leadership of the police, to push the blame for the tragedy onto the fans" :eek:

tbh though it's something we have all known for many years

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Wish I had caught this thread from the start so I'll have to go back & do some reading.
Obviously to anybody of age this was a momentous event beyond tragic but I'm caught between wanting to know the truth & feeling sorry for the victims & there familys having to go through it all again.
Now they have found that over 160 statements were "significantly amended" this will go from bad to worse to horrid.

RIP to those Lost. :(

Caporegime
Wish I had caught this thread from the start so I'll have to go back & do some reading.
Obviously to anybody of age this was a momentous event beyond tragic but I'm caught between wanting to know the truth & feeling sorry for the victims & there familys having to go through it all again.
Now they have found that over 160 statements were "significantly amended" this will go from bad to worse to horrid.

RIP to those Lost. :(

Do yourself a favour and ignore the disgusting posts of mehuk in advance.

The report states that some individuals who died at Hillsborough could have had reservable asphyxia. It says it is highly likely what happened after 15:15 BST was "significant in determining how they died".

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just read this

How can the PM say there was no evidence in the report of a government cover up if they have been in sole possession of these documents. Government after government have been concealing the truth.

Which members of the govt. had access to these files? Surely anyone who did is peverting the course of justice?

Caporegime
Anyone want to hazard a guess at what tomorrow's Sun front page will look like?

It'll be a shame if there is a Sun tomorrow regardless of what it says. Also wonder what that **** McKenzie will say now when avoiding an apology.

Don
I'm happy the families finally have the truth they've been searching for but the fact 31 lives could've possibly been saved leaves them with a question that will never be answered... :(

RIP the 96.

Supposedly it's actually as many as 59 lives that could have been saved :(

And for those that missed it, you can watch Cameron's statement for free here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/news/12433-cameron-statement

edit: to clarify the 59 lives that could have been saved is simply the amount of lives that could have been saved beyond the 3.15pm cut off time - had the police allowed ambulances onto the pitch.

edit2: as my post below, the confirmed figure of the amount of people that could have been saved is 41.

Last edited:
Soldato
Human beings, we're kind of a bunch of scumbags aren't we :(.

From The Sun thinking it's ok to print 'that' headline (which I actually didn't know about before coming into this thread), to the people that tried to cover this up, but not just cover it up, also taint the names of people no longer around to defend themselves, some of them children, who cares what extra pain it causes the families hey :/.

Every single person involved in this is beyond forgiveness for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom