Hip-hop thread

Soldato
There's a lack of hip-hop threads in here so thought I'd make a place to share recommendations for artists/tracks. It doesn't matter if it's old or new; if you like it then post it :) No crunk or pop **** though!

I recently discovered a group called Cyne. Some of the best hip-hop I've heard and their albums are really consistent. They have an old school flavour but are actually a (relatively) new group. See if you like them :)

Soldato
OP
I'm quite liking Flying Lotus at the moment

Just listened to some of their stuff on youtube. Some brilliant instrumentals.

Also, Tha Carter III by Lil' Wayne is worth a listen.

I can't say I'm a fan of Lil' Wayne. I find he has an annoying voice and I really don't feel his flow.

Toddla T's album should be out now also if you want some homegrown stuff, even if it isn't all hip-hop...

Cheers, I'll check it out :)

Get flash and check out some Cyne tunes dude :)

Soldato
OP
The early/mid-90's hit the nail on the head for me: early Nas and Wu Tang, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, The Roots, early Mobb Deep, and first few Common albums (to name but a few) are true hip hop to me.

Those are some of my favourite artists. On the most part I would agree true hip-hop went away a long time ago but there's still groups out there doing it well :) Not liking the Cyne tunes?

Those cyne tunes on the OP are awesome, I've never heard of these guys, very chilled beats :)
/pops off down to hmv

Genially glad you like it :) I love introducing people to artists they enjoy.

Keep the tunes coming :D

Back
Top Bottom