Hip-hop thread

Gee

Gee

Soldato
This is on the tip of my tongue but not even google-fu is saving me. Does anyone remember a song from… either the 90’s or 00’s that’s a dark/gory first person narrative - 100% not Dance With The Devil by Immortal Technique - that ends with the guy crashing his car and killing his girlfriend or date?

If it's not that, might be Kool G Rap or Organised Konfusion etc.

Permabanned
His first three albums are perfect. Total different styles and proper brutal at points :D
Agreed he’s probably technically a better rapper now but he was so good straight off the bat, and his don’t give a damn style made him a living legend by the time Eminem show hit the shelves.

This breakdown is a great example of what seems like a simple song on the surface, but beneath it’s an incredibly well executed master piece.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sad news about Trugoy the Dove. It's always surprised me that De La Soul aren't bigger than they are

Doesn't help it's rather difficult legally streaming their music

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Sad news about Trugoy the Dove. It's always surprised me that De La Soul aren't bigger than they are

You can blame Tommy Boy for that. Should be on all streaming sites March 3rd.

Soldato
Agreed he’s probably technically a better rapper now but he was so good straight off the bat, and his don’t give a damn style made him a living legend by the time Eminem show hit the shelves.

This breakdown is a great example of what seems like a simple song on the surface, but beneath it’s an incredibly well executed master piece.

Have you ever watched the 8 Mile extras on DVD where they show the filming of the rap battles for the cut scenes? He's so good.

Soldato

I got to see them a few years ago, an amazing gig, funnily enough at Rock City in Nottingham. Did you catch the DJ Yoda thing about their influence on the BBC World Service?

Back
Top Bottom