Hiper psu low 3.3 volts

Associate
thinking of sending this hiper PSU back
will overclockers swap this out for a Tagan and ill add the diffrence
had the psu for about 9 months now and the psu is starting
to annoy me now, the fans are always running full once heating in house
comes on, even though the computer is idling, the 3.3 volts are also very low.
hiper psu

Man of Honour
The 3.3v isn't very low at all, you have a margin of +-5% usually which you are within e.g. you have down to 3.135 and up to 3.465 as a general rule. Since you have had the PSU for 9 months I very much doubt that OcUK will swap it out and they are not legally obliged to do so unless it is faulty which that one doesn't appear to be(unless my maths is wrong) but you can always ask, either send them a webnote or phone them up :)

Associate
OP
iam sure when i bought psu the 3.3 volt was steady
also what uses the 3.3 volt rails

i had 4 hard drives when i 1st bought PSU now i have only 2 so why would voltage rails drop if iam using less components.

Man of Honour
3.3v is graphics card, memory and motherboard chipsets normally so if you have bought a new graphics card then that could be why the voltages has dipped(if it has).

Hard drives are normally(always?) the 5v line so that might be why that is now at 5.08.

I'd check your CPU temperature though, depending on what CPU you have 54 deg C could be a little bit hot.

Associate
OP
thanks m8

cpu is doing some encoding the now, thats why its high
idles @ 45 full load = 60
its a p4 3.2 prescott with a 92mm 1700rpm fan on a sp94 copper heatsink.

Associate
OcUK will most likely do like every other shop - they will exchange goods like-for-like after testing. That means you can't say your fedup of something after a number of months and ask for a different one.

3.28V isn't low at all. The ATX spec states that the 3.3V should be within 3.14V and 3.47V, which yours is clearly within, so it's not faulty.

Back
Top Bottom