• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro ICEQ 3 TURBO SILENT delayed again :(

Associate
Been waiting for these cards for a while now. I'm looking to buy a PCI-E card(s) for about £350. Any recommendations? Looking for newest components, silent running if possible and more importantly IN STOCK!

Associate
JaPe said:
Been waiting for these cards for a while now. I'm looking to buy a PCI-E card(s) for about £350. Any recommendations? Looking for newest components, silent running if possible and more importantly IN STOCK!

If you can spend that much money, then maybe a 8800 GTS from next week would be the thing to get (DX10, but a bit of an unknown quantity). Failing that, get a 7900 GTO or a X1900XT and save yourself £150+

Associate
OP
Yep, I was going to run two cards in crossfire.

Is it guaranteed that 8800's will be in stock next week as I don't really want to wait much longer! Out of interest, why not the X1950XT?

ta!

OcUK Staff
LoadsaMoney said:
Yes G80 is a hard launch, stock is arriving now ready, do not buy DX9 cards, 6 days to new gen.

New gen software is over 3 months away.....

However the new cards are still extremely quick at current gen software anyway. :)

Soldato
JaPe said:
Out of interest, why not the X1950XT?
They X1950XT and XT-X are out to replace their X1900 counterparts, but there is still plenty of X1900 stock around for much cheaper. Until the X1900 Series disappears, the X1950 Series (apart from the Pro) isn't a very good deal.

Soldato
JaPe said:
if you wait till tomorrow i will be benching my shappire 1950 pro and overclcoking the sucker! might get a artic cooling fan or zalman fatality cooler for it!

Back
Top Bottom