Hisense TV Audio Output Help/Recommendations please (Update 30/11/2023)

Associate
Hi,

decided the other day to get some nice speakers for my TV audio but have found my Panasonic SC UX100 CD/Bluetooth receiver has no inputs for my Hisense H55B7100UK TV to connect it for audio output.

I'm not that knowledgeable about audio equipment but see the TV's manual recommends an ARC receiver. I can see the TV also has a 'digital out'.

I was wondering whether I should maybe buy something like the Arylic B50 which has an ARC input (cheapest option for ARC I have found) or should I look for a cheap used amplifier/receiver?

My experience with spdif in the past via a tv to a soundbar was not good and audio was always slightly out of time with the action on the TV.

I only need a stereo output, but would like something less than £150 with good quality sound that I can possibly connect my blu-ray player to as well.

Would really appreciate some guidance and advice. Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you, Lucid, for taking the time to reply so thoroughly.
I can see in the TV's sound setting the PCM option listed, so that should help if I go the ARC route.

Do you think the Arylic B50 is the best/cheapest quality option to go for regarding an ARC receiver, as looking around, many are very expensive?

I feel buying a big amplifier/receiver for my needs is going overboard, but a small simple thing like the Arylic B50 may fulfil my requirements.

Do you agree or do you recommend anything similar which is better?

Last edited:
Appreciate again your helpful reply Lucid -thank you.

I've owned the Panasonic SC UX-100 for a few years with some speakers I got from a famous UK pawn shop chain. I have hardly used it but wanting to change the ugly speakers for something better has then taken me down this route of wanting better audio from my tv.

So, the other day I managed to get a pair of Q Acuoustics 3020i's on an auction site for what I believe to be a reasonable price £141. They do look great but have noticed that plugging them into the UX-100 they do not sound that 'full' if that makes sense. This could be just me imagining it, or it could be the poor output from the UX-100.

The Arylic 50 from what I have read does have a few weird glitches and often requires the old 'switching off and on again' fixing and some customer reviews on rainforest mention firmware update fixes but like you say it does however offer me the most tick boxes.

Last edited:
Have received the Arylic B50 today as well as an ARC (HDMI with Ethernet) cable and after some faffing about with the Bluetooth App and updating its firmware I can say that it is a pretty neat device and does what I wanted it to. The thing that I was worried about most after my soundbar experience a few months ago where the sound from the soundbar was never be in-sync with the TV but this time all is good.

This post apart from recommending the Arylic B50 to anyone else who wants a simple ARC amp for their TV to speaker setup is to thank Lucid again for all his helpful replies. Thanks for taking time to help Lucid.

Back
Top Bottom