Hit by a flying roadworks sign.

Soldato
In a bit of bad luck today, I got hit by a loose roadworks sign. The car in front drove over it and flicked it up which the wind caught and sent it my way. It was so quick there was not avoiding it.

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1QsG2CgMDSuMMb8RXO

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1QsG6MKIITYDHm7GIW

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1QsG86M4lWtDDMxMsw

In some ways I think there was some luck as at least it didn't go through the windscreen or I wasn't on a motorbike. Either of those could have been fatal.

The damage is as you'd expect.

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1QsHAISMpBka7EKI_e

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1QsHGdwUlvpUAYpAv4

The light could be buffed to something acceptable perhaps, but the bumper and bonnet not so much.

They really should take more care of these roadwork signs, especially when they know there are strong winds.

Considering my options now - go direct to the council (or road management company) or let the insurance deal with it?

That is a bummer, clearly not your fault.

Even so, if a smart repair could mend it at a reasonable price, I'd be inclined to get it done and move on.

A smart repair is a good option, I'll look in to that, thanks. It would probably be cheaper than the infinitely compounding increase in insurance premiums, even when it's a non-fault claim.

Did you put it in the boot and take it home for evidence or leave it blowing in the wind?

I can see what you're thinly trying to insinuate, that by leaving it behind it may cause further damage and that you'd consider me to be to blame for it? Nice one Hagar :rolleyes:.

It's a very busy dual carriageway (A9) so I couldn't stop safely for over half a mile (see the no stopping for 117 miles sign). I did consider going back to the scene to get my prize or see where it ended up but with no public path on that road and traffic barrelling past at 70+ I thought better of it and knowing the law in it's current state I'd probably be charged with theft for taking it.

I did check my rear view mirror just after and it didn't hit the car behind me and no one else stopped.

So touchy, I implied nothing of the sort. Personally I would have picked it up if conditions allowed (which you were not explicit about) hung it on the garage wall and may have told them where it was if they wanted it back. No slur intended.

Perhaps it's just me reflecting on not doing something afterwards. I decided that it wasn't safe or practical.

@dlockers you funny ****** :cry:

Back
Top Bottom