Hitachi CML174 appreciation society!

Associate
Sorry folks this may be a useless post but im getting really lovey-dovey with my faithful 2nd hand Hitachi CML174 i bought off an OCUK member (Khrest) here about 2 years ago.

Ive had many TFT's pass through my hands since then but i still think that this monitor is the best thing since sliced bread and that includes games, dvd's and general internet/office use.

What a wonderful job they did but why no more Hitachi TFTs? There the masters in my opinion.

Doosht :cool:

Soldato
Mememememe I have one!! :D

I love it to bits, well as much as you can love a monitor in a healthy way :p

Bought it from OcUK for £388 in 2003? Does exactly what it says on the tin and is damn good at it too!

Thumbs up to the CML174 :beer:

Soldato
I have a carbon one of these - havent used it for a while ( as I now have 1* Dell 2005 and 2*1905's) but its a decent bit of kit, thats for certain, just used to the extra screen size now - but might use it on my bedroom media system when i move.

Associate
I had one, then i went to a 2005, to what i have now. Manifest on these forums had my old one and hes selling it, but it was a superb screen back in the day.

Is the carbon one the black one?

Associate
Ye ye!

I bought t_aitch's one off him, it was such an awsome tft and the first one i had ever used so it was even better. Im actually selling mine now because ive now got t_aitch's dell 20inch widescreen now that hes got his 30inch dell widescreen :eek:

Gonna post the hitachi in the members market tomo.......

Associate
My first ever TFT was a Carbon one from OC UK.
I upgrded to a DEll 20" and then 24" so I sold it to my company and now it sits on my desk at work!
I still use it every week day and run the odd game when no ones around!

Soldato
I bought my Charcoal Hitachi three years ago and I'm still using it! I'm looking to upgrade to a decent 19" very shortly buts its got to be good to beat this monitor considering the age and specifications. Well happy with it.

Associate
OP
other than maybe the looks department with the new LGs and Sammys looking particulaly tasty ive still not seen a better and more vibrant panel out there.

Back
Top Bottom