Hmm seems odd...

Associate
I hav a CFX3200-DR mobo and ive decided to start some oc'in

I got a 3700+ SD
2x1024 (2x512) ballistix ram pc4000
1900x 512
and ofc the CFX3200-DR mobo

Ive read the overclocking for n00bs thing in this forum plus a few other articles but i hav a problem. Im slowly increasing my FSB value but my ram stays at 333. Ive tried setting the divider on my mobo to 1:1 but then my system wont boot...not even the bios and i hav to flash CMOS to get my PC to boot...y is this? shouldnt i be able to set my ram to 1:1 and clock it with the fsb? also ive now reached the max stable FSB clock and im not sure which voltage to increase the v core or the dram

thnx

iNDEH

Last edited:
Soldato
For starters that RAM you should be running at 400MHz not 333MHz.

Use a tool like Clockgen to overclock in windows and experiment to see whats stable, make sure your PCI speed is locked. You can get it from www.cpuid.org

You wont need to give that ram any more voltage since it will already go quite high. I would suggest running a 5:3 Divider with a small increase on the Vcore and see what you can manage stable. You should be able to reach 2.6GHz quite easily with that chip.

Associate
OP
I am aware my ram should be running at 400 but the divider in dos wont allow it...i either hav to hav it set to sdp? or summink like that which runs it at 333 or i hav to set a divider that runs my ram at 216, 233, 250...with 250 being the highest it'll allow me to run it at. Its as if its not recognising the fact ive OC'd my FSB and only wants to OC the ram to certian values...if i set the ram to 1:1 it runs it as 1:1 as if i was running a 200 fsb...so if itas OC'd then it doesnt boot i presume cos the bios send info to the ram faster then it can deal with it...im not sure...if i set the divided higher so that (with FSB at 200) it runs the ram at say 233 and then up the FSB works fine till i go ovr 233...it seems odd to me...also my system seems to become unstable at about a FSB of 245...is that normal? or should i up the voltage to my core or my ram (although ram seems a bit odd as im not running my ram evn as fast as it would on stock). Does any one out there got a lan party CFX3200-DR that could explain this to me?

thnx

iNDEH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom