Hmm, What Happens When A PSU Goes BOOM, Fizzle

Soldato
Right, so my m8's Seasonic S12 600W psu went boom, and then his pc wouldnt work, At this point he didnt know the psu was broke, so he got a new mobo becuse he thought it had died , then plugged it in, and it wouldnt power up, so he takes back the psu to ocuk and it turns out its dead. So he gets a new Epsilon 700W psu to replace it,

So i turn up at his house this morning, and plug the new psu into the Second motherboard. It wouldnt power up, So i plug the new psu into and asrock 939 mobo and it powers up fine.

Right so i repackage the second mobo and we drive down to ocuk today to get a replacement, the chap on the desk said we can test it whilst you wait :) , so me and my mate wait ten mins and he comes back and says the mobo is DOA, so we get a replacement, This 3rd mobo is now put back into the case, all plugged in and powers up.

Here is the problem " NO SIGNAL " from the monitor, i tried a second gfx and its still " No Signal "

So, here is my question, when the psu went boom, did it kill the CPU, Ram and anything else ?

Many Thanks TaKeN :)

Hmm i dont think it would protect a psu from blowing up your system lol,

From what i gather, when a psu blows, it sends too much power to everything and frys it.

A surge protector is just for lightening strikes etc

The case is a Thermaltake Armour, and there isnt a speaker in the case, so i cant hear the beeps.

I think that the makers of power supply units should be made to pay for replacing all the pc parts should their psu kill your system

Right lads.

Its been a very sad day Imo.,

Ive rigoressly tested his pc and found. The psu killed his 3700 San Diego :eek: might not sound too bad at first, but it was a CAB2E One of the best clockers so ive heard, and he never even tried to clock it :eek:

Coulda been a 3Ghz chip :p

Yh, i tried new ram with the old cpu, and it wouldnt give a screen output,

So i removed the 3700 SD and put in my Old 3500 Venice, and it booted straight away.

Back
Top Bottom