HMRC - Check your State Pension forecast not working?

Apparently I missed a full year in 2010/11 and can pay a voluntary contribution of £427.95 to rectify it.

But it also says the maximum I can get is £185.15 per week, if I make 9 years more full payments by 2050.

So do I need to do this voluntary payment or not?

Last edited:
Apparently I missed a full year in 2010/11 and can pay a voluntary contribution of £427.95 to rectify it.

But it also says the maximum I can get is £185.15 per week, if I make 9 years more full payments by 2050.

No, waste of money. Unless of course they change the rules.

Not if you can easily complete your NI record in the time you have left.

I wouldn't worry about that, the way things are going whether you are going to get a state pension or not should be the least of your worries.

I watched thier show.
If I had been on it I'd have totally said this.

I did check mine to see if there were any years where I could pay like 20 quid. But alas. No

£185 per week in whatever time in the distance, 2040's....would that even be enough for a Pizza by then?
Yes, if it goes up with inflation. It's £200 or so from April. It's not a great pension really but was never supposed to be peoples only income. Saying that the state pension alone would more than cover my monthly outgoings, and my private pension will be used for the fun stuff.
Site is working for me too @Quartz

Last edited:
Ill reach state pension age in 2057 if it stays at 68, you people are too old.
2032 for me, and 67 now they've put the age up. It'll be 70+ by 2057 I should think...
Looking at mine I've got 42 years of NI contributions already. Did start work at 16 though...

Last edited:
Aye also state pension age in 2057 assuming it continues to be 68 and not 75 by then. Tbh I will likely push back the date to 70 anyways and utilise private from 60.

Edit: Apparently I have also got a COPE of £8.75 a week but am still on target to hit the full state pension anyways with plenty time to top up if needed ever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom