Home CCTV

Soldato
So I'll be moving to a new house in a couple of weeks and would like some advice on the above.
Currently I've got 2 Blink Cameras and 1 Blink Doorbell + the sync module but I'm going to leave them here because frankly they have been nothing but disappointing.

- The battery life is awful on them all, I get around 25% of the advertised life max with 2x 2600mah eneloop batteries.
- The wifi coverage of the sync module is terrible, I have so many issues with dropped network I stopped counting
- The Blink app is next to useless and 'camera busy' message is the default state when trying to access live view, make changes or just answer the damn door.
- Doorbell notifications arrive minutes after its been pressed, yesterday's was 21 minutes actually
- The monthly sub is overpriced as hell vs what you get imo

So after a bit of research I'm in caught between either Ring or Eufy I think.
The appeal of Eufy is local storage, solar charging cameras and no sub but Ring seems to be pretty solid and has a lower upfront outlay and cheaper sub than Blink?

I've also looked at Tapo but the range seems pretty limited, any other I've not considered?
Thoughts would be great.

Back
Top Bottom