"Home Cinema" Living Room - mostly complete

Associate
Before anyone says "You need curtains" or "You need carpet" don't bother, Hornetstinger.

What I do need to do though is touch up the rest of the painting, but we've got other priorities at the moment. Preparing the rooms upstairs ready for carpet.

So it was only recently that we got rid of unwanted furniture from the lounge as we're claiming back room in the rest of the house following a huge renovation project.

Also I don't think I ever had photos with my computer desk included.

l1470904.jpg

l1470905.jpg

l1470909.jpg

l1470911.jpg

l1470914.jpg

l1470917.jpg

l1470918.jpg

l1470920.jpg

l1470921.jpg

hardware details here
https://cookhousestory.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/home-cinema-plans/

Soldato
Absolutely Lovely. But without carpet you'll totally ruin the sound. Enjoy. The use of grey is extremely good, well looks good. Gives me an idea for mine. Cheers.

Associate
OP
I take my hat off to you sir, that room is nothing short of stunning. Only upgrade I can think of is what you mentioned on your site which is the UHD player, it will give you more access to Atmos media.

thanks!

What do you mean upgrade, I have the Oppo-203?

Associate
OP
Absolutely Lovely. But without carpet you'll totally ruin the sound. Enjoy. The use of grey is extremely good, well looks good. Gives me an idea for mine. Cheers.

"Totally ruin" sounds a bit extreme

I'm enjoying the sound as it is, and so is everyone who's been over for movie nights -

I have a friend who deals in calibration of high end systems, people with £30,000 audio processors? or some kind of unit that I'm never going to buy - he'd have said something if the sound was 'totally ruined' but for something priced at the low end of what he deals with, he is quite positive about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you do anything particular for projector calibration ? (or are they as consistent out of the box as I would contend tv's are ?)

Associate
OP
Did you do anything particular for projector calibration ? (or are they as consistent out of the box as I would contend tv's are ?)

I have a lumagen radiance box, video processor, which has been professional calibrated along with the projector.

Soldato
I have a lumagen radiance box, video processor, which has been professional calibrated along with the projector.
OK - does that mean you get a tone-mapping report for HDR material ? , ... and even have several to select between.
(since that seemed a big differentaator between the oled sets -previously plagiarized from Vincent )

Associate
OP
OK - does that mean you get a tone-mapping report for HDR material ? , ... and even have several to select between.
(since that seemed a big differentaator between the oled sets -previously plagiarized from Vincent )

I don't know the answer to that..

What I do remember is Hdr games like ffxv looked horrible with the out of the box projector, it looked so flat with it's overly bright shadows.

Once calibrated, tone mapped I guess, with lumagen it all now looks good.

Back
Top Bottom