Home Gym Advice

Caporegime
Rack or similar at least and olympic bar with weights and a decent bench. A few bumbells to start with...and build what youve got up. Home gym equipment is expensive.

This is pretty much what I have at the moment in my garage...and I can do pretty much just about everything.

p1000864wo3.jpg

wow your garage is really nice lol mine has crappy breeze block walls :| im almost wanting to get them plastered now

Soldato
wow your garage is really nice lol mine has crappy breeze block walls :| im almost wanting to get them plastered now

Yeah, i was thinking that, so much so that i went out before and painted all the walls white, looks better than just the bare brick and also seems to have brightened up the place slightly. Going to get some spotlights for the walls, and possibly one of those thermal lamps to warm things up a bit. Off to B&Q tomorrow to get some insulation to strap to the garage door too, as it's bloody freezing next to that at the moment.

Associate

LOL..its a double garage thats built into my house. Hosue only 1 year old.
But ye..it makes a difference when you spend a lot of time in there. I train 4 times a week for about 1 1/2hrs a time. Also a cross trainer and rower which isnt shown.
My last house's single garage had concrete walls...but I painetd them all white and and the floor red ... that made a big difference.

Associate
Rack or similar at least and olympic bar with weights and a decent bench. A few bumbells to start with...and build what youve got up. Home gym equipment is expensive.

This is pretty much what I have at the moment in my garage...and I can do pretty much just about everything.

p1000864wo3.jpg

Looks like a really nice setup you have there, and a very respectably clean garage! :p

Caporegime
Insecure no just found it odd that I got no comments. Spit and saw dust look going on I think.
your colours suck:p paint the walls a really bright white and it would get comments like toxic's.

as it is your room looks like the gym in rocky 1 :p

Soldato
Rocky 1, thats the idea lol I'm not a fag. Bright colours equal dirt and sweat marks, I like the colour blue also I have floor mats:p

Soldato
Haha, bet your neighbours love you! All that clanking of metal and grunting and groaning going on! :eek:

Nice cable set up too, as already said, probably not really got enough room for that in my place though.

Town house three levels, garage at the bottom doesn't effect anyone it has padded floors.

Soldato
Well, it was the big delivery day today for the power-rack, let the delivery guy in and open up all the packages to find a 430 F/I/D bench instead of a F430 power-rack! Bugger! Time for the phone calls to start! :(

Associate
Well, it was the big delivery day today for the power-rack, let the delivery guy in and open up all the packages to find a 430 F/I/D bench instead of a F430 power-rack! Bugger! Time for the phone calls to start! :(

Sorry dude...I bet you were all excited as well:rolleyes:

Soldato
They could have done it tomorrow, but i'm out all day at work, managed to get it sorted for friday, so still a bit of an inconvenience but a fairly quick turnaround in the end. At least it gave me a chance to tidy everything up, finish off the electrics and get enough stuff out of the way so i can build it fairly easily.

Just need a decent set of spotlights to brighten the place up now and should actually look half decent!

Back
Top Bottom