home hub 4 has died..

Associate
so my home hub has died just not long renewed contract with BT so been on the phone to them and there sending out a replacement.

now I see theirs a new Smart hub.. anyone used this? whats the chances of them sending me one of them? does it work with non superfast internet? ( still no fibre in the area )

Ive seen one local at a tenner and half tempted to just buy it..

any other router recommendations?

currently using an old TP Link one ive had sitting in a box for years but hey its got me online...

Associate
I had problems with my hub 5 a couple weeks ago. They sent me a refurbished hub 5. I knew it wasn't brand new as the dhcp table still had the list of devices that has connected to it.

Associate
OP
I had problems with my hub 5 a couple weeks ago. They sent me a refurbished hub 5. I knew it wasn't brand new as the dhcp table still had the list of devices that has connected to it.
yea they sent me a refurbished Home hub 4... its lasted less than 2 weeks... blue lights on but cant connect anything to the internet... spent 2 hours on the phone this morning with them to get nowhere!!

"the blue light is on sir so the problem must be you're device!!" yea as 3 pc's, 2 phones, ps4, 2 smart tv's and a laptop all decide to have a problem at the same time!!!
plugged in the old TP link router and hey.. look I have internet again!! all my devices are fixed!!

tried the home hub again and all the devices stopped working again!! tried to explain this but after spending another 90 minutes on the phone tonight I got nowhere....

anyone got a router recommendation that wont break the bank?

Associate
yea they sent me a refurbished Home hub 4... its lasted less than 2 weeks... blue lights on but cant connect anything to the internet... spent 2 hours on the phone this morning with them to get nowhere!!

"the blue light is on sir so the problem must be you're device!!" yea as 3 pc's, 2 phones, ps4, 2 smart tv's and a laptop all decide to have a problem at the same time!!!
plugged in the old TP link router and hey.. look I have internet again!! all my devices are fixed!!

tried the home hub again and all the devices stopped working again!! tried to explain this but after spending another 90 minutes on the phone tonight I got nowhere....

anyone got a router recommendation that wont break the bank?

Luckily, mine is working fine and has been since I had it. If it does stop working, I will be back onto them like I did with my first hub (which I still have and as far as I can tell, is working fine but it's used as extender and not for DHCP)

Associate
OP
I got a Talk Talk branded Huawei HG533 off my mate tonight. got it set up and it seems pretty stable.. will see how it goes.

Im not wanting to drop cash on a DSL router the now as fibre optics are coming to the village later this year ( between June and December )
so I would rather wait until then and buy a 3rd party router that will work with the fibre optics

Back
Top Bottom