Home Office Chair £300

Associate
Hey everyone,

I’ve recently started working from home more and decided that the requirement of a “home office” is needed, I’ve already got a monitor, peripherals and desk but I seem to be struggling on choosing a decent chair.

If I’m totally honest this definitely isn’t my area of expertise so I thought I would come here and seek advice, I’ve got around £300 to spend and want something suitable for extensive sessions of editing and design work (8+ hours on regular occasions).

I’ve seen that a lot of chairs are based around height/weight so to aid the process I’m 5’7” and around 70kg

Thanks a lot,

The noble chairs look nice (maybe more “gamer” aimed than I was looking for) but after watching a few YouTube reviews plus reading a couple of different threads on here they seem to get positive feedback by the majority.

I’ve seen the SteelCase and Herman Miller names pop up multiple times while conducting some research, are they really worth the money though?

Unfortunately as nice as the Herman Miller chairs in John Lewis are they are well beyond my budget so a no go :(

I’ve found a chair that’s a fair bit under my budget but I’d be unable to try before I buy... The chair I’ve found is a “Flash Ergonomic Task Chair with Headrest” I don’t know what the rules are for linking other websites but a google search should bring it straight up.

My brother has advised me to go with a Secret Labs Omega 2018

To be honest I don’t really know what I’m looking for and maybe should just buy something as I’ve had no chair for over a week now so I’ve just been kneeling at my desk lol!

I was also looking at the flash chair you mentioned, but the lack of reviews is putting me off slightly. I'd be interested to hear your feedback if you did buy one, as it does look like a good chair and have seen it with a 5yr warranty.

Apart from that, you could look at 2nd hand Herman Miller/Steelcase chairs for roughly the same money, but these likely come with no warranty (Steelcase/Herman do not honour 2nd hand warranties).

Hey,

Sorry about the delayed reply...

I ended up going with the Flash Chair, I've had it for around a week now and tbh it's a good comfortable chair, obviously it's not going to be in the same league as the Herman Millers or SteelCase offerings but its superior in every way by comparison to the chair which it has replaced (£60/70 pound racer style gaming chair).

At first, I was a little unsure as it doesn't have that "premium" look/feel that maybe the Secret Labs Omega would have brought but after extended sessions of use it's very comfortable and accommodating chair and I'm glad I went with it (it has a smaller footprint vs the gaming type chairs I've had in the past so looks more in keeping with my office area), it offers a nice range of adjustability and I've not even noticed having no foam on the rear back support, if anything the mesh/rubber type material seems more supportive and the sizing is very good for me (I'm around 5'7" - 60kg).

I did initially have concerns over the build quality as the finish on some of the parts wasn's what I would have expected but I guess for something sub £200 it's very much in the "budget" end of the chair market so more than acceptable. The two best parts about the chair to me are the headrest and the recline option, usually, due to my height the headrest is unusable for me but its a perfect fit on this chair, that combined with the reclining option means I can lay back and bring my monitor in from above while gaming with a pad which is a fantastic addition :)

I would say its a nice 7/10 from me and probably one of the best sub £200 chairs out there!

Some RGB fun.... because everyone loves some RGB lol! :P

Back
Top Bottom