Home Secretary caught telling porkies!

Capodecina
Soldato
Theresa May claimed at the Tory Party Conference that an illegal immigrant Bolivian student avoided deportation because of his pet cat.

Ken Clarke the Justice Secretary suggested that she might not have her facts right - i.e. she had been fed some startling BS by the Daily Wail and simply couldn't be bothered to check it out before showing the country what an idiot she is :D

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
A story which she said her advisers had checked before she made the speech.
I know.

Poor dear.

Let down by her advisers when all she wanted to do was to read blindly from an autocue and highlight a typical example of the failings of the human rights laws.

I expect that she will sack them all before the night is out . . . or perhaps not.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Actually, what is worrying is that the Home Secretary came out with some highly improbable, sensationalist, headline-grabbing story apparently without saying to her speech-writer and/or researcher "Are you 100% certain that everything I am going to say, including this story will stand up to scrutiny? Be aware that if it doesn't, you are going to get fired before the day is out.".

As it happens, the man in question was not an illegal immigrant, he had overstayed his student visa - perhaps the Home Secretary doesn't know the difference?

The policy under which he applied to remain in the UK (being in a stable relationship with a British citizen for at least two years) was established by the Tories in 1996.

Like may Tories, Theresa May is an out-of-touch, incompetent idiot. I wonder how much other unresearched, ill-considered nonsense she spouts on a day-to-day basis?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Ken Clarke has said he regrets attacking "childlike" examples of human rights rulings used by Home Secretary Theresa May.

Why :confused: In the name of God, why?

Theresa May is an incompetent idiot, he quite sensibly highlighted the fact and now HE apologises - has the man got no cojones?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Clarke regrets May cat flap attack

Kenneth Clarke has expressed regret for using "colourful language" when he accused the home secretary, Theresa May, of giving a "laughable, child-like" example to criticise the Human Rights Act.

On the direct orders of Downing Street, which had asked him to explain himself, the justice secretary issued a statement on Thursday saying he regretted his language but not the substance of his remarks. "I do rather regret the colourful language I used at one point in my interview," he said.

Clarke rushed out a statement amid fury in Downing Street after he said May should challenge her researchers over her claims that a man had been able to avoid deportation because he owned a cat. (The Grauniad)
Oh dear, poor Mr Hush Puppy :(

ps - you couldn't make up the Grauniad's undoubtedly unintentionally risqué title for this item :D

Back
Top Bottom