Homekit Secure Video (outdoor cameras)

Soldato
I've just ordered a logitech circle 2 wireless camera from amazon (found a very good condition one for £90). The wired versions are like hens teeth, but it seems you can easily trick the wireless model into a wired one by sticking some tape over one of the connector pins. It even comes with the same mount and cables, so the wireless one is actually better as if you have a powercut, the battery kicks in for 12hrs.

It's only the wired ones which have the support for secure video, hence the sticky tape trick.

anway, it's coming this Wednesday so I'll let you know how I get on. I've already got 200gb icloud plan so I'm good to go.

Soldato
I purchased a wired Circle 2 during Black Friday Week on Amazon. It's still sitting sealed in the box as I need help to mount it, however newer wireless options are now popping up and I'm tempted to change my plans.

Look forward to seeing how you get on with it and setting up HomeKit Secure Video (HSV). It's actually funny that you've made this thread as I saw on the HomeKit reddit this morning that details of the new Circle 3 have apparently been leaked.
There are also new cameras coming from Eufy and Eve that will support HSV as well.

I'm on the look out and have been waiting on Netatmo to release their HSV enabled Door Bell. Eufy are also apparently looking at adding HSV support to their Door Bell system.

Soldato
OP
I purchased a wired Circle 2 during Black Friday Week on Amazon. It's still sitting sealed in the box as I need help to mount it, however newer wireless options are now popping up and I'm tempted to change my plans.

Look forward to seeing how you get on with it and setting up HomeKit Secure Video (HSV). It's actually funny that you've made this thread as I saw on the HomeKit reddit this morning that details of the new Circle 3 have apparently been leaked.
There are also new cameras coming from Eufy and Eve that will support HSV as well.

I'm on the look out and have been waiting on Netatmo to release their HSV enabled Door Bell. Eufy are also apparently looking at adding HSV support to their Door Bell system.

Circle 3? Grrrrrrrr

:edit:

Circle View, looks like it is indeed the replacement for the circle 2. Well that's just typical.
I might try and cancel my order and wait.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/gdanrq/circle_view/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well that was an utter waste of time. Camera arrived this morning. Managed to upgrade the firmware to the secure video one, and got it registered in apple home.

The damn thing won't record for love nor money.

It's going back.

Soldato
That's rough about your Circle 2 wireless experience. Hopefully we might see the new Circle either before or at the WWDC Keynote in June?

There are also new cameras coming from Eufy and Eve that will support HSV as well, hopefully that'll bring the price point down.

Soldato
OP
Didn't realise the Eve is indoor only.

Here a few YouTube reviews of the Circle View.

Thanks,

I'll no doubt buy one, but I take reviews with a pinch of salt these days. So many reviews say "this is the best thing since sliced bread", only to go on the forums and read loads of people having problems.

Plus the main reason I bought the 200gb icloud plan was for this!

Back
Top Bottom