Homophobic attack on two women on London bus.

Capodecina
Soldato
Two women left needing hospital treatment after they were attacked on a bus in a homophobic assault have blamed a rise in rightwing populism for growing hate crime and called on people to stand up for each other.

A Metropolitan police statement said: “Four males aged between 15 to 18 have been arrested on Friday 7 June on suspicion of robbery and aggravated GBH. They have been taken to separate London police stations for questioning.”

The attack – in which a phone and a bag were stolen – happened in the early hours of 30 May. A photograph of the couple’s bloodied faces went viral on Friday. (LINK)
You have to wonder what is or was going through the minds of these vicious teenaged attackers; I thought this sort of behaviour was a thing of the past.

Theresa May, Jeremy Corbyn, Sadiq Khan, Penny Mordaunt and Tulip Siddiq have all expressed disgust at this unprovoked attack, I wonder when other MPs will find the time to speak out for tolerance?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
The casual "whatabout" response to this incident is absolutely staggering.

There seems to be an attitude expressed by some Neanderthal posters that random violence is normal and acceptable and that misogyny, homophobia, racism, et al is "Just one of those things" not worthy of attention.

To suggest that Homophobia is purely a result of fear/disgust of Homosexuals says a lot about the mindset of the poster.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
'Town stocks' kind of fits the bill. A long weekend out in the weather (assuming its raining) may be an experience not worth repeating. It doesnt fit the indefinitely bill but it might feel like it. :D
An interesting idea although I don't really feel that putting people in "stocks" offers quite the same benefit to society as dressing them in Orange Jumpsuits and having them pick up litter for a few months would do.

. . . [London] can be a very transient place, and that usually means it also attracts a higher number of undesirables too who think they can commit crimes and blend back in. . . .
From where do you think these five teenagers were attracted? Do you think (or even know) that they were runaway orphans form some other part of the country?

. . . There are people more willing to defend the cultural melting pot and forsake hate crimes just so they can say its a success.
You know of people who forsake hate crimes just so they can say that Multiculturalism is a success. Who are these people of whom you speak so knowledgeably?

I understand the London has many problems; I am sceptical that they can be laid at the door of "Multiculturalism". I suspect that poverty, austerity, the massive differences in disposable income and lack of opportunity have more to do with it.

Having said that, I am sure that the unemployed and the youth of Northern cities such as Sheffield, Middlesbrough, etc. are far more tolerant and law-abiding than Londoners and Southerners in general ;)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Breathtaking :eek:

Some of you people clearly live in the wrong era, you should be out beating up Huguenots, marching through the East End wearing Black shirts or stopping Blacks, Irish and dogs from living in your green and pleasant land :rolleyes:

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
John Cleese said:
I suspect I should apologise for my affection for the Englishness of my upbringing, but in some ways I found it calmer, more polite, more humorous, less tabloid, and less money-oriented than the one that is replacing it.
What the geriatric, wealthy, much married expatriate seems to be saying that London is more frenetic, less polite, more aggressive, and more money-oriented than he remembers it from fifty years ago.
Quite what he means by "less tabloid" God alone knows :confused:

I suspect that many Americans would say the same of New York, French people would say much the same of Paris, Spaniards would say the same of Madrid, etc.

As it happens, I believe that having moved there from Monaco John Cleese now lives in Chelsea - presumably it is overrun by Arabs and Russians.

On the positive side, he appears to be very disenchanted that the second phase of the Leveson inquiry into the lying and trivia obsessed press was “kicked out by rightwing governments”

Back
Top Bottom