Honda CBR 125r, Views Please

Soldato
Hey, this is my first thread ever in the bikers forum so please bare with me :D

I'm 17 soon and looking to upgrade me bike soon. At the moment, I ride an Aprilia Rx 50 which is a bit annoying I would say. Parts are quite expensive, and hard to maintain.

I've been looking at a few bikes on the net, and I've been taken to the Honda cbr 125r. I think the looks are beautiful, and for a small 4-stroke engine, it sounds quite hefty too!

What are the views on the cbr125r lads?

Soldato
It's ok, quite small and thin though for a bike with sporty styling. Not sure how it is on price wise, but the engine is meant to be alright. Most 4 stroke 125 engines from the major brands will have very little difference to be honest.

Soldato
I've got one myself and for a 125 it's pretty good. It's pretty nippy for what it is and fuel economy is amazing, I just ride past a petrol station and the fumes keep me going for another 100 miles.

Tyres are far too skinny though, they look stupid but apart from that I can't really fault it. It'll hold its value and will run forever so just go out and buy one :)

Soldato
Have you thought about the Yamaha YZF-R125? I've just passed my CBT and am looking for a 125 to learn on for a bit before I do my DAS and this one seems to be the best. Its slightly bigger than the CBR so you wouldn't look like a giant on it! Its also got slightly wider tyres and apparently the fuel consumption is better too..

I'm just trying to find one for cheap enough around here now..

Soldato
Have you thought about the Yamaha YZF-R125? I've just passed my CBT and am looking for a 125 to learn on for a bit before I do my DAS and this one seems to be the best. Its slightly bigger than the CBR so you wouldn't look like a giant on it! Its also got slightly wider tyres and apparently the fuel consumption is better too..

I'm just trying to find one for cheap enough around here now..

Not realised long ago. They're nice I'll give you that, but silly prices due to lack of second hand market. They do not have better performance over a CBR really either.

Associate
try and look up an old 1995 yamaha TZR125RR:D (imported spanish gp bikes come with a gold plaque on the frame)

i so loved mine i had it from 17 up untill 23 couldnt get rid of it.

400cc frame and 120 front tyre 160 rear. twin electronically controlled power band.
after a couple of sessions at stan stevens garage i had a dyno of 42bhp on a 125!! (mind you i might need a spare piston once a year:p)

i use to get pulled over for riding a 600 on L plates lol the police use to love it after they had checked it was a 125.

i will see if i can find some pics later

Soldato
OP
Hmmmm... my dad gave me an idea of getting my test done when im 17 which will allow me to ride a bike under 500c with a hp of 33. Then, get a Honda cbr 400 babyblade and restrict it. It seems logic but it may be a bit big. Hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom