Honesty

Soldato
If you're in a restaurant and they bring you the bill and it's a fair bit cheaper than you expect it to be (say £10/20). What do you do?

Do you ask them to clarify the costs as you think you've been undercharged? (it may be that you haven't after all)

Do you say nothing and pay up and leave?

Do you put the money you think it's should be and think they might correct it?
and if they don't correct it. Do you leave the money as a tip or keep it?

Soldato
OP
OP, I think you would enjoy the cheap evening out :p

I however would ask for a correct bill as theres nothing more embarrassing then being stopped on the way out to cough up another £15 or so as you've not paid for drinks. It might be their fault for not including them on the bill but its also your own for not questioning their mistake in favour of personal gain.

I did but I tipped better :p

Soldato
OP
When I was in Madrid last summer for work, few of us went out to a bar for some Sangria...had about 2 pitchers worth...but when the bill came they only charged us for 2 glasses instead...didn't say anything and just paid the cheaper bill. :)

Also very close by to the bar, on the same road in fact, I went into a supermarket, and paid for some items with a 10 euro note. I received the change back, which I was expecting to be a 5 euro note and a few coins. In all honestly I didn't even check the change until I was already walking back to the hotel...had €45+ in my pocket lol.. the guy must have thought I gave him a €50 note...

While normally I would give it back, eg last week I bought a flapjack in a corner shop and was given 50p extra change, I went back and returned it, I was abroad and figured I would never be in this same area again for a loooong while! Also paid for my Real Madrid match ticket :D

It's funny because I tend to pick and choose with honesty like this.

In McDonald's if I get too much change screw em.

In my local pub or shop I would tell them, especially the local shop as he always lets 5p slide to save me breaking a note and clearing him out of change ;)

Back
Top Bottom