Hong Kong and its assimilation with mainland China

Soldato
I noticed there wasn't a thread about the current situation in Hong Kong.

Protests last year, then people got distracted by Coronavirus... now the focus is back on. National security law being made by the CCP to prevent protesting, subversion etc with maximum life in jail.

A terrible situation for the Hong Kong population and it feels like the only thing you can do is just watch it all unfold.

World leaders will obviously "condemn" the CCP actions, but despite any join declaration violations I expect the status quo between nations will likely be maintained. The UK government giving citizenship to HK nationals is a good safety net, but the UK is not their home. They have cultivated a great city over the generations.

So say Hong Kong gets steam rolled by China, what could be next? India border? Taiwan?

What options are there to give China a kick up the backside. Boycott Chinese products? Crowd fund a military to protect Hong Kong?

Soldato
OP
Stop corporations exporting jobs to China. All of the multinationals that are quick to push woke agendas here in the west have economic entanglements with China. "Yeah we support BLM's stance for reparations against slavery 200 years ago but we also get our products built for peanuts by Chinese slave labour today". Total hypocrites.

Western governments need to treat China as a hostile actor just as they did the Soviet Union, all of the screaming about Russia the last few years and totally ignore China who are a far bigger threat and who we are (supposed to be) ideologically opposed to.

I view them as a massive threat. They have roots in so many things now, that their passive MO is now paying off for them.

A country where jaywalking is illegal and deducts money from your bank account by the time you've crossed the road. Not the future I would want to live in.

Back
Top Bottom