Host for a hobby website sought

Associate
I'm looking for recommendations for inexpensive web hosting for a small hobby website I'd like to make. I've seen Tsohost and Krystal suggested elsewhere, but they seem a little more than I need. Hostinger have a plan for a few quid a month, are they any good? Mind it's just a hobby site, not a business or anything, so cheap and cheerful (but not crap) is fine. Something like £3-4 a month (or less?), or a yearly package deal.

I note on Hostinger's site there's a higher price listed for renewal, is this a renewal of a plan after a year or something? I'm uncertain. It would be nice to be able to migrate the wee site if that were the case.

Cpanel would be nice, but I'm familiar with ftp. Been years though.

Associate
OP
Stablepoint looks alright, thanks for the link. One to consider for sure.

I don't know Google sites, but a cursory look says it's tied to a gmail account and with limited options, so not really what I have in mind.

Associate
Are you just looking for easy hosting, or do you want full on cloud hosting?

If you want full on cloud servers then I'd recommend somewhere like DigitalOcean. Their cheapest option is $5/month and my company runs company websites on those with no issues whatsoever, so they're certainly powerful enough for basic sites.

Associate
OP
I'm not looking anymore. I'm unsure their reputation, but I got a deal on Ionos (1&1), just a couple quid for first year and a new domain name thrown in. I'll cancel before the auto-renew.

Can't argue with under £3.

Back
Top Bottom