Hosting Account

Associate
Hello.

I currently have a website and im planning to create a new one.

Should I create a new account with my host if I am going to be selling the second website or is there a way I can keep all websites on the same account then transfer them at a later date to the new owner?

Soldato
Generally you transfer the domain and give them FTP access for a week and a copy of the DB so they can transfer the site to their own hosting.

Associate
OP
Generally you transfer the domain and give them FTP access for a week and a copy of the DB so they can transfer the site to their own hosting.

So its ok for me to keep all my websites on the same account? I did hear somewhere that if you get a website to rank well then you want to try and keep the files where they are and not transfer them.

Soldato
So its ok for me to keep all my websites on the same account?

Generally yes but depends also on the type of hosting you have. IE some shared hosts might throttle your CPU usage if you consume more than your 'fair share' but from a purely SEO/Rank point of view it's fine.

I did hear somewhere that if you get a website to rank well then you want to try and keep the files where they are and not transfer them.

It won't make a difference.

Push domain > transfer files > test > switch DNS > 0 Downtime.

Back
Top Bottom