Hosting Question!?

Permabanned
My domain name is up for renewal next month, to cut a long story short, they company that hosts it got taken over, and it went totally down hill.

Anyway, what will happen to the name when its date passes. I have a few options from what I can see. I definately dont want to Host with these people, so I take it I can renew the name with them then host it somewhere else and 'point' to the name.

How easy is this to do!?

Also, Can someone please recommend to me a good host, it is purley going to be a forum board, so MySQL (or similar as the board is VB) needs to be included in the package.

Thanks

HT

Permabanned
OP
Ok, the hosting is long expired, but the domain is due to expire mid Feb. I can DNS to it, as I used to test the database from an Apache server running from my home PC.

So, with this in mind, I can leave the domain where it is, obtain hosting space from someone else and just DNS to the domain!?

Good hosting packages that offer MySQL or shall I look through Evil Penguins link!?

Thanks so far guys

Permabanned
OP
Hold on, I'm confised now. My hosting and domain are with the same provider. But the hosting expired back in September and the domain is due to expire in mid Feb. But the two are seperate, and I do know that I can DNS to the domain from another host.

Is this still as above? Find new host and update DNS?

Thanks

Permabanned
OP
Adz said:
OT but Easyspace were actually my first ever paid hosting provider in ~1999! I think I paid around £500/year for the privilege too.

Mine too, but as I say, hosting has expired and i'm not keen on renewing it with them

So, to summarise, leave the name with them (but renew it) and obtain hosting from somewhere else and DNS it!?

HT

Back
Top Bottom